Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Mate, this match went the same as most of our matches against Palace... They sit back, soak up the pressure & look to break on the counter & catch us cold.

As Palace went deeper, we advanced futher & committed everyone forward bar Akanji & Dias. Since the World Cup, it's noticeable that teams are being more compact & allowing us space out wide.

Why? Because what chance does a City player have to score in an 18 yard box which has 8 opposition players packed in, as well as 2-3 City players? This is the tactic now being used to neutralise Haaland & we're trying to figure out a way to unlock this puzzle.

There's two teams on the pitch mate. We can't be held responsible for the anti-football tactics we face week after week. We can only play what's in front of us...

Arsenal seem to be coping without that. Maybe teams are not lying as deep against them.

Arsenal seem to be coping without that. Maybe teams are not lying as deep against them.
They're not. Against City though it's been a recurring theme & there's nothing we can do if a team sets out to play defensively, stifle us & strangle the space out of the game, hoping to hit us on a rare break.

We know the deal. We've been here before & teams have done to us what Palace did yesterday mate...

Big win on the road. Churning out victories against stubborn opposition is what it's all about.

Our best form and football hasn't arrived yet but we're still right in the mix.

For me, Arsenal are building up pressure on themselves and getting some very desperate wins. I'm not sure they'll keep that up through April.

Mate, this match went the same as most of our matches against Palace... They sit back, soak up the pressure & look to break on the counter & catch us cold.

As Palace went deeper, we advanced futher & committed everyone forward bar Akanji & Dias. Since the World Cup, it's noticeable that teams are being more compact & allowing us space out wide.

Why? Because what chance does a City player have to score in an 18 yard box which has 8 opposition players packed in, as well as 2-3 City players? This is the tactic now being used to neutralise Haaland & we're trying to figure out a way to unlock this puzzle.

There's two teams on the pitch mate. We can't be held responsible for the anti-football tactics we face week after week. We can only play what's in front of us...
Interestingly we moved players inside, notably by taking Phil off, and used Jack a lot less in the second half, to have a numerical advantage and, then our penalty came from taking advantage of Palace's weakness on the edge of the area.

I’m not denying any of that. The truth of it will be how effective it is in winning big prizes I suppose. Pep is a genius and has changed our methods according to the squad we have, playing to the strengths of Grealish and Haaland in particular. Still a way to go before is is perfected. It’s just I don’t get the same pleasure out of watching this season. Maybe it’s just me.
Your quite correct. Hard to enjoy watching the way we are playing now. Slow, sideways and backwards most of the time, centre halves who can't cross been played as full backs. Goals have dried up too. At least we didn't concede which has been a problem as well.
Not really edge of your seat entertainment though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.