Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

It may have been frustrating Sadds, but I thought we created enough in what was a very tight last third and an even more crowded box.
We were very purposefully playing short passing on the edge of their area, trying to find that last pass.
For various reasons, the last ball was either not received, intercepted, mis-controlled or in the case of Haaland and later Alvarez, the final shot or execution of very good movements was just lacking their normal composure.

Palace are a horrible team to play against. We got a penalty which some would consider fortunate for us, but I say it was well deserved and confidently dispatched.

But ultimately what I’m seeing in City recently is a real purpose in how they are trying to beat these type of teams. You can see a plan that has been worked on on the training ground.
It’s not working perfectly but you can see that everyone has bought into what they are trying to achieve.

I’m with Pep on his positive reinforcement of how we are playing and progressing recently whether that be Notts Forest or Arsenal we’re judging them on.

The performances have been inconsistent over the season and even within the same game sometimes, but I definitely am seeing improvement and togetherness.

A 1-0 away to Palace is an excellent result.
Have to agree with you ,enjoyed the way we played constantly moving the ball in tight areas with excellent control and confidence.

Grealish is a proper City maestro now,full of confidence and indeed a warrior to the cause,not a floater.
I,m glad I've been proved wrong about his general value to our team.
A superb player, well up for the battles ahead.

Really enjoyed yesterday's game..and I imagine more than a fair few Palace fans at the game will have felt privileged to have watched our sublime skills close up.

Older Palace fans will remember their own team being lauded as "The Team of the 80s" by their manager Terry Venables following their promotion to the old 1st division in 1979,with the likes of Vince Hilaire Kenny Samson and Jerry Murphy...that accolade lasted around 12 months....yesterday they witnessed a City team playing football from another planet and could not have failed to be impressed with both our flair and resilience...with improvements still to come in our build up play.

Well done Pep and City.

Have to agree with you ,enjoyed the way we played constantly moving the ball in tight areas with excellent control and confidence.

Grealish is a proper City maestro now,full of confidence and indeed a warrior to the cause,not a floater.

Really enjoyed yesterday's game..and I imagine more than a fair few Palace fans at the game will have felt privileged to have watched our sublime skills close up.

Older Palace fans will remember their own team being lauded as "The Team of the 80s" by their manager Terry Venables following their promotion to the old 1st division in 1979,with the likes of Vince Hilaire Kenny Samson and Jerry Murphy...that accolade lasted around 12 months....yesterday they witnessed a City team playing football from another planet and could not have failed to be impressed with both our flair and resilience...with improvements still to come in our build up play.

Well done Pep and City.
Bravo sir a great post. Don`t know what some City fans want especially when the opposition has nothing to offer except sitting back.
Hopefully this kills off any speculation that PV isn`t in contention to be our next manager.

Last edited:
It may have been frustrating Sadds, but I thought we created enough in what was a very tight last third and an even more crowded box.
We were very purposefully playing short passing on the edge of their area, trying to find that last pass.
For various reasons, the last ball was either not received, intercepted, mis-controlled or in the case of Haaland and later Alvarez, the final shot or execution of very good movements was just lacking their normal composure.

Palace are a horrible team to play against. We got a penalty which some would consider fortunate for us, but I say it was well deserved and confidently dispatched.

But ultimately what I’m seeing in City recently is a real purpose in how they are trying to beat these type of teams. You can see a plan that has been worked on on the training ground.
It’s not working perfectly but you can see that everyone has bought into what they are trying to achieve.

I’m with Pep on his positive reinforcement of how we are playing and progressing recently whether that be Notts Forest or Arsenal we’re judging them on.

The performances have been inconsistent over the season and even within the same game sometimes, but I definitely am seeing improvement and togetherness.

A 1-0 away to Palace is an excellent result.
I’m not denying any of that. The truth of it will be how effective it is in winning big prizes I suppose. Pep is a genius and has changed our methods according to the squad we have, playing to the strengths of Grealish and Haaland in particular. Still a way to go before is is perfected. It’s just I don’t get the same pleasure out of watching this season. Maybe it’s just me.

Well done Pep and City.
It’s not the same game that I watched. We gave away the ball far too much particularly in the first half. Poor out ball a lot of the time from the back four and Phil was clearly impacted by that early foul on his foot. I thought our control was better in the
Forrest game.

Sorry but I don`t know what game you were watching, As for me and all the City fans in my local last night we thought that it was a great display from the blues, against a team who really didn`t want to lose and were more than content to grab a point.
It’s maybe just me then. I thought we started well and then we’re fairly poor for periods. I thought the back 4 other than Ake all had shaky moments. Jack was great first half but faded/ didn’t get the ball second half. Haaland still not showing enough movement. I could go on but I won’t. Great result though.

It's me you need to thank for last night's result. I paused it at 70 minutes and went to the bluemoon match thread to provide me with my commentary. I've done this before when we are waiting for a goal and most of the time it's worked.

I pause on 70 minutes and we get a penalty 8 minutes later.

As I say, all down to me.

Listening to Gary Nevilles technical insights yesterday it occurred to me that he really should be a manager. He seems to know so much more than even Pep.

I couldn’t believe how arrogant and bias he was being. He wasn’t even trying to hide it like he usually would. The daft, rag ****.

Still upset over the 7-0 spanking so wanted to take it out on somebody else like a spoilt kid

It’s maybe just me then. I thought we started well and then we’re fairly poor for periods. I thought the back 4 other than Ake all had shaky moments. Jack was great first half but faded/ didn’t get the ball second half. Haaland still not showing enough movement. I could go on but I won’t. Great result though.
Mate, this match went the same as most of our matches against Palace... They sit back, soak up the pressure & look to break on the counter & catch us cold.

As Palace went deeper, we advanced futher & committed everyone forward bar Akanji & Dias. Since the World Cup, it's noticeable that teams are being more compact & allowing us space out wide.

Why? Because what chance does a City player have to score in an 18 yard box which has 8 opposition players packed in, as well as 2-3 City players? This is the tactic now being used to neutralise Haaland & we're trying to figure out a way to unlock this puzzle.

There's two teams on the pitch mate. We can't be held responsible for the anti-football tactics we face week after week. We can only play what's in front of us...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.