Crystal Palace (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we reach the Champions League final, that's May 29th, meaning we can play as strong a team as we want for the Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton and Everton games and still have a week off for the players before the final. Even if we lose on Saturday it's basically inconceivable that we don't win the league.

PSG don't have that luxury, by the way. They play 5th-place Lens on Saturday and risk missing out on the league if they lose. We have the huge advantage of being able to rest most of our players and we'd be fools not to take advantage.
There is no excuse to not make 10+ changes. I can accept Ederson playing (if Pep absolutely insists he must) but all outfield players ought to change. We can’t bemoan the crazy schedule and then not give everyone a week to rest before the CL when the opportunity presents itself. I’d be pissed off if even one outfield player starts both Palace and PSG. There’s absolutely no reason to do it.

I have and I thoroughly disagree with the idea that anything bad will happen if we lose this game.

If we lose the PSG game though... very different story.
Our disagreement is only in regard to how many we rotate. 9-11 is not giving us a fair chance of winning this game. My priorities are more for the PL.
10 changes, possibly 11.
Anything other would be lunacy if there was to be 2 injuries.
I'll be stunned if Pep makes a full 11 changes

Our disagreement is only in regard to how many we rotate. 9-11 is not giving us a fair chance of winning this game. My priorities are more for the PL.

We don't need a fair chance of winning this game because we don't need to win this game.

We're one of the few teams who regularly get games that we have absolutely no need to win, and this is one of those, so we need to use that rare advantage to the fullest.

Possibly Cancelo and/or Zinchenko as neither played the full game. I would be surprised if Torres doesn't play. Ake and Laporte will likely start too.
Ye could be plenty of rotation and I'm personally ok with it, in Pep we trust :)

Would be absolutely brilliant if we could play the 2nd leg as Premier League Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.