Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

We weren’t that bad in the first half. We were just too slow and de Bruyne was too high up the pitch.

All we needed to do was inject a bit more energy into the game,

All Palace did all game was cross two balls into our box and the ball ended up in the net on both occasions. And just before their second goal, Ayew pushed his forearm into Cancelo’s mush so we should have had a free kick and Ayew should have been booked rather than them get a corner that they scored from.

But then we wouldn’t have had that excitement of coming from two goals down… again!

Haaland is a machine. Alvarez is like a wasp, his energy is incredible. Bernardo was brilliant.

What was up with Walker at the final whistle? Saw his arse, booted the ball at the crowd and stormed off straight down the tunnel flinging his arms in the air.
I didn’t see him storm down the tunnel but I did see him boot the ball in to the stands, which I thought was a very strange thing to do to Haaland’s match ball. Straight after he did it he had a lengthy chat with the referee. He may have been given a bollocking by the ref which gave him the hump and caused the reaction you saw.

I hope they got the ball back.

For the first time in a long time I had to listen to the match on the club website. Nothing like watching it but I enjoyed Alistair's commentary and Andy's analysis. From the commentary I got the impression that in the first half City made two terrible errors to concede but that our general play was good against a well disciplined and resolute Palace defence. The full match replay seems to confirm both the farcical defending and the quality of some of our play. What really impressed me about Andy, though, was that he identified a creeping fatigue affecting Palace before half time and both he and Alistair were claiming that if we got one we could easily get four or five! So it proved!

The officials were quite right to disallow Palace's third "goal" and the idea that Haaland should be sent off was ridiculous. The only red card offence was the elbow thrown at Cancello by Ayew. Again flagged up by Andy and ignored by officials and media.in the first half

I'm in the South Stand and it was for the team from the dickheads around me. Pep, KDB etc were getting dogs abuse.
The extremely close margins against Liverpool over the past few seasons and what it means to drop 2 points where both teams are winning every game has taken the enjoyment out of the game for some where its a nervous affair if we aren't 2-0 up. Being spoilt over the years with 5-0 wins has helped take the edge off in games but when we're getting closer to a 0-0 it gets edgy because of what that means in this era of City Vs Liverpool. Going 2-0 down makes for an extremely nervous, agitated, impatient crowd these days. It gets tense and it's starting to create a slight hostility in the atmosphere.

I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it but I thought Pep’s substitions were genius. When Gundo and Alvarez first got ready to come on the group near me in the stands were convinced Foden and Haaland (who, op til then had been pretty ineffective) we going to be withdrawn. Replacing Cancelo with Alvarez, pulling Mahrez , sticking Bernie out on the right and moving Foden to a number ten position was brilliant.

I guess that’s why Pep is in charge and I pay to watch !

I'm in the South Stand and it was for the team from the dickheads around me. Pep, KDB etc were getting dogs abuse.

I think you need to realise that the majority of fans have little real understanding of pep , his tactics and genius. They hanker after up and at em football and are easily flustered.

I didn't hear booing near me but could from the South. The clueless near me just want the ball "forward" and don't really get the recycling part of peps plan.

Microscopic analysis of their disallowed goal is not required. The law is that an indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

"prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it"

It's about the process and not where the ball is to the millimeter.

What the Palace player did is snide and contrary to the laws of the game.
But had 'the process' been completed when the Palace player intercepted the clearance? That is to say Eddie was not 'in the process' of releasing the ball.
The Palace player didn't appear to be intentionally impeding Eddie and therefore did not prevent him from releasing the ball and only stuck his foot out and made contact with the ball when it had been released i.e. after completion of the process.
Not that I'm bothered. I'm delighted the ref saw it differently.
Anyway their player should IMO have been sent off for the arm into Cancelo's face just prior to their second goal ( or at least penalised which would have meant the goal would not have materialised).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.