Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

We were in an attacking sense, we created very little due to their control of our attacking players. We controlled the ball for long periods, but did nothing with it other than crab from side to side. KdB couldn't do anything, and their organisation controlled Foden, Mahrez, and Haaland.
Even in the second half, before we scored, I looked down from my seat in 328, and it was clear that Vieira had them set up to stifle us with a line of five across the 18 yard line and another four in front of that.

They were very well organised.

Even in the second half, before we scored, I looked down from my seat in 328, and it was clear that Vieira had them set up to stifle us with a line of five across the 18 yard line and another four in front of that.

They were very well organised.
Not sure if this was by chance. In the 1st half when city were on the right flank trying to work an opening. Palace RB would come out to stop the move, then fall back, city tried again, this time a 2nd player would come out to stiffle the move and fall back, city went again and a 3rd player would take his turn at blocking the move. Giving the RB, time to recover.
It seemed deliberate to me and effective.

Not sure if this was by chance. In the 1st half when city were on the right flank trying to work an opening. Palace RB would come out to stop the move, then fall back, city tried again, this time a 2nd player would come out to stiffle the move and fall back, city went again and a 3rd player would take his turn at blocking the move. Giving the RB, time to recover.
It seemed deliberate to me and effective.
Has the side effect of sharing out the yellows if they get overly zealous.

Ederson could have done much more in the lead up to the first goal. That was a sloppy bit of play that ultimately cost us a goal.
Eddie not collecting that wayward through ball then led to the free kick and ultimately their first goal. It was a poor bit of goalkeeping. He had no chance with either goal though.

I agree we shouldn't be conceding 2 from 2 chances, though to be fair 1 of the 2 wasn't the first goal (which for me was one of those you can't do much about). The second goal definitely shouldn't have happened, as we should have been taking a free kick instead, not sure when a forearm smash to the face became a legal challenge ?
It becomes a legal challenge when the ref is too far back to see it clearly, the linesman is only 10 yards away but his view is blocked by the offender and when VAR thinks it doesn't warrant a red card.
Had the Palace player fouled Cancelo, kept the ball in and crossed for a goal then it would probably have been disallowed by VAR for the foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.