Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Bullshit, 5 or 6 players far worse than him, KDB had a nightmare game, or does he get a free hit ?
Nope kev was way off and bibbins too, I have already posted that bermy the only one who can really be credited first half.

Though thats past now, players should be judged on their performance on the day, as it's monday not matchday I have no negative opinions of any of our players who are all great

The problem is that those who watched on TV, live or MotD, were told by the commentators that the goal should have stood. At no time during the game did the broadcasters refer to the actual regulation, they just spouted off that they didn’t understand why it wasn’t given.

Combine that with an emotional and frustrated crowd who are already 2 down, no wonder there‘s some craziness of the understanding of the game.
Commentators and pundits have a lot to answer to. They should be required to learn the Laws of the Game before being allowed to cast judgement on incidents such as this. Actually, any self-respecting professional commentator or pundit should of their own accord learn the LOTG, and it wouldn't do them any harm to referee some games too.

Former footballers or managers turned pundits really have no excuse for not familiarising themselves with the LOTG though. We often see these so called experts randomly saying it should have been a goal, or it should have been a red card etc., but with nothing to substantiate their view.

Commentators and pundits have a lot to answer to. They should be required to learn the Laws of the Game before being allowed to cast judgement on incidents such as this. Actually, any self-respecting professional commentator or pundit should of their own accord learn the LOTG, and it wouldn't do them any harm to referee some games too.

Former footballers or managers turned pundits really have no excuse for not familiarising themselves with the LOTG though. We often see these so called experts randomly saying it should have been a goal, or it should have been a red card etc., but with nothing to substantiate their view.
It may have something to do with their own preconceived outcome of the game, wanting to see the underdog, or their favoured team, give it to the dominant club.

And, they must’ve seen these incidents before, because I’m sure I have and that’s why many understand the rule. For so called experienced pundits then you’d have thought they’d seen very similar before.

Or, was it by choice not to rectify their opinion as I’m sure they have an army of researchers that can get the info across during the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.