Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine we'd get something vs our bogey team!!

Didn't score in the last 2 matches against them (A 0-0, H 0-2).
Maybe it's time for a change.

Hope we go back to clean sheets after the Newcastle invitational.

Every time we drop points, it's lauded as the way to beat us. It seldom turns out to be the case
I think that has often been because we have pressed so well and not given teams the time or opportunity to get a foothold in the match and truly exploit our perceived weaknesses. I am not so sure that is the case now.

The presence of Haaland gives us many new possibilities on the ball but I do think that it has weakened our pressing and it will give teams more time to pick their passes through our midfield. I don't think we have yet found the balance between using these new attacking options and being as structured and effective without the ball. I am not personally convinced that having the full backs used forward in a more central position is the right answer to that problem.

I suspect that it may take us a little while to actually find the right balance. Personally I believe that we'll end up with something more like a 4-2-3-1 with Bernardo and Rodri as the 2 deeper lying players and then KDB along with two of Foden, Grealish and Mahrez supporting Haaland up top. That way we can still press with 3 or 4 and yet provide the defence with some protection.

Honestly, City would have to change the way they play. This 2-3-5 against a team so fast on the breaks like Crystal Palace is a huge no.
I would use a 3-2-5, with Alvarez instead of Haaland. Also, huge focus on corners.
Right now, I'm inclined to believe it's gonna be a draw.

Honestly, City would have to change the way they play. This 2-3-5 against a team so fast on the breaks like Crystal Palace is a huge no.
I would use a 3-2-5, with Alvarez instead of Haaland. Also, huge focus on corners.
So take off our biggest aerial threat - and concentrate on corners?

You’re name isn’t Pep is it? Ole or Ralf maybe?

So take off our biggest aerial threat - and concentrate on corners?
Haaland isn't the biggest aerial threat. Being tall doesn't mean you are good in aerial duels.
I've watched a few Crystal Palace matches this season. They're weak on corners. If you can exploit that right, you'll be be able to score against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.