CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

Great result!
Aguero back to his best and Silva nearly there. Negredo earning his spot well. Fernandinho playing like I hoped he would.
I was confused by the subs but as long as it works, no complaints.

pudge said:
Stoned Rose said:
pudge said:
To be fair, that attempted tackle was atrocious.

Great win, don't think we played that badly at all. Maybe it was the early kick off but this was still an away fixture in the UEFA Champions League...

Yaya could and maybe should have opened the scoring, Negredo and Dzeko could have had 2 apiece in terms of goal scoring chances and we also played a midfielder at CB in a CL fixture, away.

Big praise for Fernandinho, completely bossed it today imo. Thought Yaya was atrocious in the first half but stepped up in the second, although given what was happening during the game I don't really blame him if his mind was elsewhere at times.

Thought Navas was a good outlet and played well overall, today was probably the worst possible pitch conditions a player like him could face.

It's probably been covered already so I apologise if it has, but am I right in thinking that with a Bayern win tonight and a win over CSKA next matchday, we're through? They could only finish on 9 points max and we would already have 9 at that point and hold the head-to-head it goes by instead of GD? Or is my maths and logic terrible and stupid?

Nice post Pudge.

Yep you're right on us going through if we beat CSKA at home.

I actually think even if we draw that game, realistically, we'll still go through.

Good times.
Good times indeed, to have a chance of progressing from the group with 2 games to spare? Some turn around of fortune, can't see us topping the group understandably but I'm sure we'll all take progressing first and foremost.

Yeah onward and upward be nice going to Bayern not needing the points.One thing bugging me me is all the experts telling us how Moyes needs time, but even some of our fans expect Pellers to turn us into the finished article straight away. I don't think he has made the worst start and we might not agree with all his team selections and substitutions, but at least players are comming on when asked so that's progress.

B\connellblue said:
Should have battered these cnuts. Yet we ended up hanging on against a team that get beaten almost every week. Both our left backs are no longer good enough. Nasty get's worse by the game (Looks lost without Kompany beside him). Dzeko as poor as ever, his first touch has gone beyond a joke. Defo his last season with us. Yaya poor again (maybe the cnuts got to him). Navas disappointing again( not a game that would have suited him on that pitch). Silva and fernandiniho both played well and our front pairing of Kun and the beast looked great. Joe finally found some redemption, let's hope he's turned the corner. Manager seems oblivious to the frailties of out left side (as did his predecessor). We should make it through comfortably enough now but that will be it unless these problems are sorted before the knockout stages. What should have been a cosy victory ended up as a nailbiting finale.The old city lives still!

The old City who didn't have a pot to piss in, never got within a sniff of even playing in the champs league, and didn't win anything of note for 35 years?

How the fuck did you get through all those lean years without committing suicide ?

Great result, to go to Russia and come back with the 3pts is good going, ok the defence wasn't brilliant, but we got the job done...............

Good result on a pitch that nullified our game completely. Defensive frailties which will be solved when our two right sided centre halves are available. Very happy. We have one foot in the next round.

One win at home should see us through and we should get that easily,maybe two,Either way draw with Moscow and beat Plzen and it is job done.Ironic to think we could go through with 9 or 10 points yet failed a couple of years ago with 10.

We won and that is always the main thing but i do feel if Pellegrini was a bit cuter with using the subs and tweaking the formation a bit when we are ahead it would be a whole lot more comfortable!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.