CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Chappie said:
If you are thinking about staying in the champions league,you dont play that team,this is a must not LOSE game

Why? Navas and Milner are fresh, and good enough to play in our first team. Yaya, Fernandinho, Hart, Nastasic, Zabaleta and Kolarov are also first team players. I don't think he will play this team by the way. I would expect Aguero and maybe Silva to play, but this is the team i would pick.

I expect one of Silva or Nasri will play.

Is Demichelis fully fit yet? I cant see him being thrown in to this match, or Chelsea. I'm expecting him to make his debut at Newcastle.

I don't know how physical CSKA are up front which should determine whether Garcia or Lescott plays alongside Nastasic.

Yeah I think it will be too early for Demichelis. They said he returned to training last week so he might make it, Garcia played well against West Ham though so it's not the end of the world if he has to play CB.

Kompany isn't with the squad, that's a blow. Hopefully he'll be fit for Chelsea.

its a must not loose game if we do then its the Europa league for us

Gut feeling we will not loose edging towards a draw

dctid said:
its a must not loose game if we do then its the Europa league for us

Gut feeling we will not loose edging towards a draw

Going for a draw as well, would take 4/6 points from 3, never expected us to beat Bayern. CSKA are only 6th in their league so I don't see why we can't get a result. We should take at least a point here and then beat Plzen and Moscow again at home. That will put us on around 12 points by the time Bayern comes around. Confident we can go through, we just cannot lose this week or we could be having to go to Munich looking for at least a point....

No Demichelis or Rodwell in the squad either, according to Stuart Brennan. Hope that's just precautionary, rather than a reoccurence of any injury.

I don't share that mentality. We should win this game. CSKA are not a top European side. We were shown up at home against Bayern - and even though they are the best side in Europe we want to put down a marker and show that we are not the same side that has gone out at the group stage each time. Win this game and we have 6pts, will be second in the group and have 2 home games against sides below us and a nothing to lose away game in Munich where we might just play with enough freedom to get a result. Expect to see a similar side to Saturday evening, considering we play again on Sunday I am sure we will put out the same side, try and get a decent lead early and then rest players if we can. Dzeko and Jovetic for Negredo and Aguero could be the only major changes, but i think they will work just as well.

forevermancity said:
Starting to worry about Rodwell, class player but never fit

Becoming farcical,however,he played for the EDS last week though so its maybe just a reaction to and recouperation from match conditions,hopefully......

Win this game and we've got one foot in the next round.

I expect us to. Going to be interesting to see how Pellegrini rotates. I'm pretty sure we will see the likes of Kolorov, Zab, Lescott, Milner, Navas and maybe even Jovetic starting in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.