CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
forevermancity said:
Starting to worry about Rodwell, class player but never fit

Becoming farcical,however,he played for the EDS last week though so its maybe just a reaction to and recouperation from match conditions,hopefully......

Hopefully... It's like Micah, he would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet for us an England if he could string more than 3 games together.

All this potential is pointless if they are never fit to either push for a starting place or even be depended on for cover

Even a draw would be OK, but a win preferable. Remember, CSKA have to go to Plzen yet and barely beat them at home (well, home away from home). Keisuke Honda is a class player though and we will need to look out for him. Looks like Dzagoev will be missing, he would have been a handful. Akinfeev should be back in goal after an injury and their star striker Doumbia is fit again.

CSKA are basically shit.

4 losses and 1 draw from their last 5 league games. The draw being a 0-0 against the bottom side in their league.

They currently sit 6th in the Russian league with 21 points out of 39. They've scored 12 goals in 13 games and have GD of -3.

They scraped past Plzen.

We're Manchester fucking City and we should be going to places like these and giving them a new anus.

3 points here and we are 90% guaranteed to qualify imo.

We have a nightmare referee from Romania for this game, averaging nearly 7 yellow cards per match and has handed out 4 reds in 11 games this season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ovidiu-hategan/profil/schiedsrichter_1112.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ovidi ... _1112.html</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
Win this game and we've got one foot in the next round.

I expect us to. Going to be interesting to see how Pellegrini rotates. I'm pretty sure we will see the likes of Kolorov, Zab, Lescott, Milner, Navas and maybe even Jovetic starting in this one.

I doubt it - Pelle will see this game probably more important than the Chavz game. I expect ud to be playing similar to sat with maybe zaba coming back in possibly Navas ( not sure why he wasn't on the bench Sat, maybe injured).

Didsbury Dave said:
Win this game and we've got one foot in the next round.

I expect us to. Going to be interesting to see how Pellegrini rotates. I'm pretty sure we will see the likes of Kolorov, Zab, Lescott, Milner, Navas and maybe even Jovetic starting in this one.

Will be interesting. I expect Zabaleta and Kolarov to start, not sure about Lescott. Navas is perhaps the most interesting one - I'd be surprised if we played the way we did against Bayern, with two up front and an out-and-out winger (would be a bold move if we did). If he wants to stick with two strikers, I would have thought Silva plus Nasri or Milner would be most likely; if he goes with one, then Navas may be more likely to play. In any case, plenty of decisions, and a hell of a lot of options - the squad really does look good now.

I'm fairly confident we'll get a decent result, going for a 2-1 win.

Stoned Rose said:
CSKA are basically shit.

4 losses and 1 draw from their last 5 league games. The draw being a 0-0 against the bottom side in their league.

They currently sit 6th in the Russian league with 21 points out of 39. They've scored 12 goals in 13 games and have GD of -3.

They scraped past Plzen.

We're Manchester fucking City and we should be going to places like these and giving them a new anus.

3 points here and we are 90% guaranteed to qualify imo.

So a bit like Villa?

Zaba was the last to return from international duties followed by a long flight back, so it was a good move to rest him on Saturday to save him for Moscow. Garcia was a surprise deputizing very well for Vinny at c/h, but I am not confident enough to risk him in Moscow. Vinny & Demichelis have had long injury layoffs, so I wouldn't risk either on that dodgy over-used surface in Moscow.

Left back has been a problem position for us this year. Last season Clichy was head and shoulders above Kolarov in quality, but this season Clichy is a shadow of his former self, and Kolarov seems more determined to establish himself, although he is not as good defensively as we need but great going forward.

I am tired of hearing about "...Yaya is such an influential player..." and "...everything goes through Yaya..." So I will say again what I have said before, when Yaya plays well City usually play well, but when Yaya is ineffective and struggling then City usually struggles. Some fans forgive him all the poor games (80% of the time) for the occasional inspiring games and goals (unfortunately only 20% of the time). What the team needs is consistency from all our players especially him, so no more lollygagging. Come on Pelle, get a grip.

On Saturday David Silva was an inspiration and our creative influence in midfield, so if he has recovered from the kicking he receiving this weekend, let's hope he is our inspiration again. As they say it will be a heavy pitch, I would prefer to see Milner in midfield in place of Nasri. Up front I would play the 3 in-form strikers who are playing with confidence after the internationals; Negredo Aguero & Dzeko.

After our slow start, every game is now a "must win game", even more so because we are in the midst of 4 consecutive away games in 11 days. If Vinny doesn't play, Zaba should be captain as he always leads by example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.