CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that MP will be thinking too much about rotation as such for these two games. They're that important that it would be justifiable to play our strongest line up in both matches and then rest players the following week.

Some rotation is natural though, the full backs are on a par so it makes sense for them to share the workload. And pitch conditions might dictate some selections. But I expect our best players, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Fernandhino, Negredo to start both fixtures if fit.

MadchesterCity said:
----------------Hart
Zabaleta-Garcia-Nastasic-Kolarov
-----------Fernando-YaYa
---------Navas-Nasri-Jovetic
----------------Dzeko

This is a winning line up for sure

this for me also, the'res no point having the squad we have if we don't use it, this team is good enough to win, plus we will have a strong bench if we need it.

With Chelsea away at the weekend it will great it we can rest some of the top players,

City to win 3 nil

GK:Hart
RB: Zabaleta
CB: Richards
CB: Nastasic
LB: Kolarov
CM: Milner
CM: Fernandinho
AM: Yaya
AM: Navas
AM: Aguero
CF: Negredo

If MP plays his best team then I think he has to play Aguero and Alvaro. On the other hand he might play Ed/Jovetic and keep the other two for the Chelsea game. Big call this one for the boss.

If the objective remains to get through to the Champions League then it must be awfully tempting to play Kun and The Beast. Their combination is magical.

MadchesterCity said:
----------------Hart
Zabaleta-Garcia-Nastasic-Kolarov
-----------Fernando-YaYa
---------Navas-Nasri-Jovetic
----------------Dzeko

This is a winning line up for sure

I think you are close, but can't see Silva not starting. So it will be this team minus Navas or Jovetic, and they will come on for Silva if we get in front

I'd go:

GK: Hart

RB: Zabaleta
CB: Richards
CB: Nastasic
LB: Clichy

MID : Fernandinho
MID : Toure
MID: Nasri
MID: Silva
MID: Jovetic

ST: Dzeko

More than enough to do CSKA and allows the resting of Milner, Aguero, Negredo, and Navas for Chelsea.

CSKA pitch an absolute mess

@StuBrennanMEN: Pellegrini: "pitch is unbelievable and match could be called off if it rains"

Re: CSKA pitch an absolute mess

ManCityX said:
@StuBrennanMEN: Pellegrini: "pitch is unbelievable and match could be called off if it rains"

Been bright and sunny here all day (if cold) and forecast for tomorrow is the same so should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.