mad zab said:
shemnel said:
bayern's got 5 by the way

It won't matter if they score Ten!!

The fact is that we will struggle to win in Rome and the head to head counts

BTW Roma beat Moscow 6-1

What does thta say about us?

I am tired of this little fucking club mentality many of our supporters have

It is time we held players and the manager to account!

err, how exactly?
Roma are getting hammered by Bayern, who we lost to by the slimmest of margins so what does that say about us?

I am actually scared that Bayern will do the same to us that they do to Roma now. Will need another Hart parade performance for sure. Dont trust Pellegrini to go 451 defensive style vs Bayern at home, but then if we try to play being very open Bayern will just get too many decent chances.

Our CL record is simply pretty bad, no other way to say it. We played about 25 games in CL so far and we hardly had any clean sheets maybe 2-3. Plzen and a relegated Villarreal comes to mind. We cant defend well at this level.

What is bit sad because under Mancini it was Lescott and Barry in the team and we should have go and buy real upgrades on them. We did and spent lot of money on Fernando, Fernandinho, Mangala etc, but our defending as a team isnt any better is it? Acrtually tactics became more attacking but lot more open.

I think we do only half the job, we dont press as Barca did years ago, but we want to be same open. We should press opponent, win balls back high up the pitch with this style.

But we opt not to do that because some of our players doesnt like really hard work off the ball Silva, Agüero, Yaya etc, and we try to play to their strengths but defending drinks the piss for it...

To be fair we are still very far from a decent CL team, even if go trough from this group what I doubt we would meet Atletico, Barca, Juve, Real next round and we probably would lose both tie and would be out of it.
We still arent comfortably better than CSKA, Roma, Schalke level of teams. Even with lot more expensive squads than them. Then what do we want vs Real, Bayern in the knock out stages?

Mentality+ tactics. When we have a CL game we usually have big problems both in mentality and tactics. Andplayers performing to their potential. Or actually not performing to it.

What is wrong with everyone in here!!!

We will qualify!

Bayern beat Roma
We beat Moscow.

We will beat Roma away

Conclusion:
We haven't improved in 4 CL seasons. Still look completely and utterly out of our depth and a million miles away from ever competing for the final.
Given the players we have it is unforgivable, maybe the club need to be utterly ruthless and axe the manager and get in Pep sooner or later because Manuel looks just like Mancini when it comes to European football at the moment and the question must be asked by the owners given the squad why are they playing so badly in Europe time after time?. It really is not good enough.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
crmcfc said:
Its fair that Pellergrini is getting some stick on here a Sunday league manager would have known to play one up front tonight any one with a brain said so beforehand.

But how do you legislate for Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Toure Milner (obviously), Fernando and Dzeko all turning in absolutely shambolic performances in the 2nd half that from a professional point of view beggared belief. No matter what formation or tactics you have would not have worked the way they were playing. They need a good bollocking (but from who? its easy come easy go at the club) there is more to it than picking you money up in these games we are undone time and time again in CL.

I am sorry everyone but we need to talk about James (aka Jimmy, Jamie) at some point....but not tonight......

You missed Mangala, Kolorov and Navas from that list.

Well yes but did not think they where quite as bad plus we already know Mangala, Navas and Kolarov are not up to so its not such a surprise from them.

The Yaya ‘issue’ has been done to death, but the fact is, with him in the team these days, we are half a man down in the middle of the park. We are not allowed to drop him and it seems we are not allowed to even substitute him. If you add that to a poor performance from a few others and we look ordinary. Against the better teams, the Yaya ‘issue’ will cost us. We can roll over the cannon fodder (unless those around him are having a mare), but we’ll come unstuck against our competitors.

We need to find some courage to deal with him in the very, very near future.

I went to watch York v Shrewsbury on Saturday. That was bad. That was where were until quite recently.
We need to be very careful, some people on here are starting to believe the hype.
Being really good is what we have achieved and that entitles us to feel aggrieved when we play as badly as we did in the second half tonight.
Being great takes years of success and belief and we aren't there yet and its that step that we need to take to be successful in Europe.
Personally, I hate the champions league and I couldn't give a flying fiddlers about it... but I always want city to win and as that is seen as the ultimate in European club success that has to be our aim.
But lets be patient and be a bit grateful/humble for what we've enjoyed the past few seasons, its been a long time coming and will be hard fought to maintain.

city91 said:
Pigeonho said:
LoveCity said:
I disagree. It happened almost overnight with Atletico and Dortmund. They just sprang to life quickly and challenged for the trophy. No reason we should not be challenging, except... well, I question the players more than the manager. There is a collective lack of hunger that has spanned two completely different regimes (authoritarian Mancini and loveable Pellegrini).

Two things Atletico and Dortmund had in common despite playing totally different styles: they were fearless and got in the face of any team, no matter what their standing and reputation.
Maybe it is an actual club thing, as stupid and far fetched as that sounds. I've heard before how we seem to just not believe in ourselves in the competition. It csmt be the players because we have world cups winners amongst us and players who have played for some huge clubs. It feels like a curse in thst sense, like we just don't believe. Thst of course has to be bollocks though.

I'd put it more down to the fact that Atletico and Dortmund are two teams that have a well drilled formation. Every player knows their role and if one players is missing, another one can replace them with minimal fuss. You only have to look at the players they have lost in past transfer windows and see their current CL performances to prove this.

Although they do have players who are a lot better than others like Reus and Koke, the fact is Atletico and Dortmund can adapt a lot better with the loss of their stars than we can.

We still seem to be a team based upon individual quality rather than a collective team effort. Until this is addressed I cannot see us reaching our potential.
Cracking post, well put. Is thst not the 'problem' with our own philosophy then? Buying players and appointing managers when it doesn't work out for their respective predecessors? Is thst why Klopp could fail here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.