CSKA Post Match Thread

WTF it's wrong wityh this team this season??? why are we so shit esp. at HOME????? last night was just another demonstartion of how poor our season is..and now out of 2 comp in just a week after defeats AT HOME

I don't think it's anything to do with lack of effort. It's just a complete lack of tactical awareness in Europe.

We are absolute shit in this competition. A million miles from winning it and clearly this group of players is nowhere near good enough to get any further than they did last season and that was when we were at our very best.

We don't just come up short against the very best teams in the world, we come up short against teams that are the next rung down.

Moscow were the better team, quicker to close down, better on the ballet, slicker in the passer and coller in the finish, they deserved to win.

I can't see us winning anything this year playing like this. We have been sussed. Press us quickly and we fold like a pack of cards.

Fernando is not a central midfield players so why is he being played there? Toure is not mobile enough to play in that position any longer. Why hasn't that been addressed?

As for individuals, Clichy once again turned to shit, Zabaleta has been poor all season, Jovetic is a waste of money and Navas just can't do the basics right ie cross the ball.

Very poor all around and the night was set up for us to do well.

Disappointing these last few weeks, 3 losses a draw from a winning position and clinging on for dear life against ten man rags.

The buck stops with both the players and Pellegrini. They are both as much to blame as each other in my opinion.

Poor.

We played badly but even when you play badly with the quality of individual players we have you can still win games. When you're playing badly the decisions going against you make you look even worse though. That started with the previous game in Moscow and then staright away with that free kick. Bad defending but we pulled it back.

Then what happened with that ref was a joke. He had to give a free kick and he had to give a yellow card; so he gave it to a different player? And then didn't give two possible penalties? As bad as we played it's things like this which make it much harder.

When Jovetic came on against CSKA last match you could see him looking at Aguero well up for it, Aguero gives a 'whats the point' look at Jovetic looks sheepish. I'd say that 'what's the point' attitude slowly leaks out throughout the CL games and definitely affects performance.

But would a ref actually be allowed to purposely be that biased against us?

The players are just not good enough on the big stage, we've wasted money on poor signings since we got the least points for an English club in europe, the manager is onl a slight upgrade on mancini if even that. so how can we expect performances to improve in europe. Yes we are a great side in the prem, but europe is still a shambles. Yes the groups have been tough, but we knew it was never going to be easy, yes we've been on the end of some horrendous decisions by referees. But it's no fault but our own that we are not cutting it in europe. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid. Because this is embarrassing for the club now.

Can't believe PSG is topping their group above Barca while we continue to underperform in CL. Something is wrong. I know our group is difficult but we should not be this bad

Wow let this day be over already. Started at 7am and ive probably had 5 rags in my face laughing! All our fault ffs

It looks like we can conclude that our team is simply not good enough. To many average players (Fernando, Fernandinho, Clichy, Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas) or poor performing players (Toure).

How is £ 30 million for Fernandinho, £ 24 million for Jovetic looking at present ? Maybe some leeway still with Jovetic

Mangala we still wait to see if he can be better than of late.

Probably exempt from criticism - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Milner.

I do not think to much blame can be put on Pellegrini, the players are simply not doing it. Saying that though come the end of the season, out of the CL at the group stage , out of the League Cup early he will most likely lose his job unless silverware can be attained and CL qualification assured for next season.

After this weekends QPR game, which of course we need to win, it will be interesting and perhaps defining, to see how we get on at home to a decent Swansea, away at a high flying Southampton and then later on against a difficult Everton side. If we struggle in these games got a feeling we may also have a fight for CL qualification on our hands which we did not expect.

BlueTaylor91 said:
Wow let this day be over already. Started at 7am and ive probably had 5 rags in my face laughing! All our fault ffs

Behave......if youre struggling to deal with a group of plastics who didn't have the option of watching their team this week......and only follow a team because it was the easy option.....then you should get an early dart pal and leave the banter to the big boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.