CSKA Post Match Thread

blue b4 the moon said:
bitsmith said:
The perfect fumble said:
Uefa claim ref did not book the wrong man. They say Wernbloom went unpunished for pulling Aguero back. Ignashevich booked for dissent.

https://twitter.com/StuBrennanMEN/status/530337065373040640

Behind laughable, lol

Corrupt to the core, corrupt to the core.

Did Uefa add a little footnote to any of that, such as, 'We realise that the Greek referee last night at The Etihad was not of merchantable quality, and will not now be used in Champions' League matches until the semifinal and final stages of the competition, when he will have been issued with a wee set of the Laws of the Game'

How City players can get booked for some of the stuff they get booked for and then opposition players can commit a range of infringements with impunity, just smacks of organised corruption.

Why didn't the player who pulled back Agueroooooooooo get booked? Hey? Mmmmmmm? Well, Michel? Come on! Why the fuck not?

No way will we get through to the 2nd round .
We need a miracle and it wont happen folks .
I don't think the fixtures have done us a favour this season .
West Ham lunch time Saturday after Moscow .
The television companies have stitched us up like Sky and BT sports .

oscarG said:
cleavers said:
bellsouth said:
1 pint is more than enough! Bayern have finished 1st and whilst it won't be a reserve side it will be under strength - we'll beat them. Then last game Roma will really feel the pressure knowing a draw will be enough they won't know whether to attack or defend, we'll exploit that indecision and win - job done
Roma still have to win in Moscow, and CSKA now have an incentive to beat them. We need to hope they draw, do our own job against Bayern, and then beat Roma, hoping that Bayern don't let CSKA win, which they might well.
You gotta b taking the piss!
About what ? That CSKA can draw with Roma at home ? Its hardly far fetched.

Its unlikely we'll beat either Bayern or Roma, but its not impossible if they get their heads sorted in time, its less than a year that we beat Bayern on their own patch, with what appeared a weakened side, and since they're through as group winners already, and we're playing shit, just take our game less seriously.

In that unlikely event, I certainly wouldn't put it past Bayern to then do their level best to make sure we don't progress.

Whilst it is certainly possible that we beat Bayern and Roma (though unlikely) it is more probable that we beat Bayern and Roma but CSKA go through for beating Bayern in Munich!!! Wouldn't it be lovely to go through and then play Bayern in the final and beat them! Then they will all say how Bayern could have let CSKA win to knock us out!

Back on planet earth, whilst I love to normally believe the improbable in all things City, this time I just cannot see our play being good enough to win through. What this does do is provide a chance for us to experiment with the side and formations. No Fernandinho or Yaya... so... Fernando, Milner and Lampard in the middle? Nasri, Silva, Aguero?! Or will it be 4-4-2!!! Would love to beat Bayern and have that opportunity to qualify in Rome! We would probably throw it away but what a game!

What struck me last night was - It was quite clear that there is something going on with some decisions or lack of we are perpetually on the wrong end of. Having said that we all know that don't we? The players should have been told to not give the ref any excuse to effect the game. We should, as a team full of seasoned professionals not have to rely on how other teams play or how officials mismanage a match. Pace, power and right attitude all sadly missing. Instead we looked nervous, slow and panic spread through the team like wildfire. CSKA had a forward who terrorised us again- that surely doesn't make him better than Sergio does it. Maybe they defended better and were better organised in dealing with our only threat. Maybe complacency has set in after all they are all on good contracts on amazing money. Only MD looked his normal self last night and for me we have a distinct lack of leadership when things are going wrong. Sure when we are wining games and playing well the team seems full of leaders but when a bump in the road occurs not one player seems to get a hold of his teammates and the game. This has to change. Perhaps we should re-think the core of our team? Look to bring in men with incredible strength of mind rather than a fragile make-up. Yaya for example is outstanding but when things don't go his way he either disappears or starts looking for someone else to blame. We need a midfielder like Schweinstieger with mental toughness to really dig in when we are playing ****. As fans we can only do our part and back the team. This is not enough to get to the next level. We are stalled and there is no sign of change.

Put this in another thread but thought would be good to add here too...

The ref sees the actual offence of pulling Sergio back and pulls the foul for this and is either thinking himself/listening to his linesman on booking the CSKA player for the offence and then brandishes the yellow...

In this entire saga Ignasevich does nothing, no dissent, only waves arms like all players do for the yellow BUT you can see Wernbloom grabbing his head realising this is his 2nd yellow and that he is walking...

After the Greek ref gives it to the wrong player the City players including Vinny gather round the ref saying "you got the wrong player"... all during 1-2 of the CSKA players giving a little applause to the Ref for giving the Yellow to Ignasevich and not Wernbloom... Ignasevich waved his hands in protest because HE thought Wernbloom is getting booked and about to get his marching orders... CSKA were relieved when the ref said it was for Ignasevich instead...

The ref MUST have realised his fcuk up and since its his goddamn career on the line of refereeing in other CL games (since he is a f*cking NOOB), does not want to admit a big mistake and says its for dissent (ARM WAVING!)

You pull a player who is going through on goal and give no yellow but a foul, but you brandish a yellow for someone waving his hands in protest of the yellow ?!!

Yes we were shit, which is a problem the players and Pellegrini have to resolve ASAP, however the frustration of Yaya and Nasri lashing out was partly due to them realising the Referee is bending City over and having them...

We have been f*cked every CL game... consistently when it comes to refereeing decisions...penalties, red cards the whole 9 yards...

In the PL it is also frequent, which we all know but because its a marathon rather than a knockout, it eventually evens itself out...

I'm not am agenda guy but this is beginning to stink and you get the feeling the players are also getting tired of it and pretty much cant give a shit on certain days...

My take on it.
Did we even win the toss? Because that would be the only thing we won in the entire match all over the fucking pitch.
Yes,the ref was gash but we were worse.
This started in the Charity Shield or whatever it's called now,and has continued throughout the season.
Any team(including QPR on Saturday) has got our number,and fancies their chances against us,most worryingly at home.
It smacks of the season after Mancini won the League,when we didn't add sufficient quality,and never turned the corner.
Back then there was shit going on behind the scenes,and we all know how that turned out,Wigan and the FA Cup,manager
unceremoniously sacked.
I pray it isn't happening again.

We have to care about this Competition - we need to care about this competition. The atmosphere will improve with a decent performance. I felt like I was watching a different team last night which made an average a European team look good. Manuel Pellegrini has to stop the formation he is currently playing and shore up that midfield more and more and we need to inject more pace. We looked slow and flat footed last night. He ref was rubbish but the ref didn't make our players act in a suicidal fashion on the pitch.

Sheikh Mansour has pumped a lot of money into our club - he is desperate to do well in this competition - it is our duty to get wholeheartedly behind it both inside and outside of the club..

Just watched the 2nd half again, and we were OK and should have won without the nefarious refereeing decisions.
Its a corrupt competition, with a corrupt draw and last night corrupt officials.
If it was just a competition with the Champions of each National League playing one another, rather than a wankfest for the Blazers with lots of teams of also rans, I could be arsed.
So come on City. Smash QPR at the weekend and please let the Dippers beat Maureens lot !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.