Curry

blueduff said:
Akbars around Deansgate has come highly recommended, anyone been? Is it good?

yep been a few times the food is great but it gets absolutely hammered so either book or arrive early

Chris in London said:
I had a very good lamb rogan josh not long ago at the Bull in Old Glossop.

I mentioned that upstairs once. PB shouted at me for going off topic. I think it was in one of the Dzeko threads and my attention must have wandered briefly.
Might have been me mentioned it in a thread as I was in there but two weeks ago. Had a very nice ruby indeed.

BlueBearBoots said:
blueduff said:
Akbars around Deansgate has come highly recommended, anyone been? Is it good?

yep been a few times the food is great but it gets absolutely hammered so either book or arrive early

They were raided a bit back and all the illegal immigrant chefs were sent back home, since then its not been as good

Anything from Asian Fusion in Chorlton, the greatest curry house this side of Bradford, bar none. Takes me an hour to get there.

Try Chicken Tikka Nagpuri and, yes, it is as hot as it sounds.

Used to love the Curry Cottage in Didsbury when it was around.

Indian curry dishes get a little more care and attention if the meat is Lamb, so a Karahi or Lamb Kulchi will always hit the spot.

Akbars is awful. EastzEast has a decent pickle tray, but far too much salt is used in all their curries.

Very difficult to find an authentic Indian in Manchester, all Pakistani owned.

droylsdenblue said:
Kun Aguero said:
droylsdenblue said:
uduma3a8.jpg

My lamb shank madras

Blackcurrant juice? I'm hoping you have some chemically made cider in there.

My brother in laws cider lol
Cider? That looks like something from a kidney dialysis ward.
The ruby looks great though, never tried it with lamb shank but I bet it's great, slow braised shank is divine.

strongbowholic said:
Chris in London said:
I had a very good lamb rogan josh not long ago at the Bull in Old Glossop.

I mentioned that upstairs once. PB shouted at me for going off topic. I think it was in one of the Dzeko threads and my attention must have wandered briefly.
Might have been me mentioned it in a thread as I was in there but two weeks ago. Had a very nice ruby indeed.

I think it was.

A fine old pub serving traditional English fayre....

...can be found just down the road

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Anything from Asian Fusion in Chorlton, the greatest curry house this side of Bradford, bar none. Takes me an hour to get there.

Try Chicken Tikka Nagpuri and, yes, it is as hot as it sounds.

I've been a regular in there for about 3 years,it is indeed the finest food I have found,the staff are also fantastic.I also travel about 25mins to go there.

Try there Shashlick,with any sauce you fancy,i recommend the Saag - just superb,and enough for two!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.