Curry

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Anything from Asian Fusion in Chorlton, the greatest curry house this side of Bradford, bar none. Takes me an hour to get there.

Try Chicken Tikka Nagpuri and, yes, it is as hot as it sounds.

Used to love the Curry Cottage in Didsbury when it was around.

Indian curry dishes get a little more care and attention if the meat is Lamb, so a Karahi or Lamb Kulchi will always hit the spot.

Akbars is awful. EastzEast has a decent pickle tray, but far too much salt is used in all their curries.

Very difficult to find an authentic Indian in Manchester, all Pakistani owned.

this is true ....or bangladeshi.............which ones are actually Indian owned?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Anything from Asian Fusion in Chorlton, the greatest curry house this side of Bradford, bar none. Takes me an hour to get there.

Indian curry dishes get a little more care and attention if the meat is Lamb, so a Karahi or Lamb Kulchi will always hit the spot.

Akbars is awful. EastzEast has a decent pickle tray, but far too much salt is used in all their curries.

Interesting you say that Tolm. I'm Indian so am quite picky about where I eat.

I find the Pakistani ones are great for Grilled starters but crap for curries in terms of authenticity. I don't rate Bangladeshi curries bar Indian Ocean in Ashton.

We went to the Seven Spices in Cheadle Hulme last night. Absolutely outstanding we thought and the chefs are Indian/Punjabi. Great food!!! I have been told Sai Spice in Chorlton is also Indian Chefs and meant to be very good.

For me food wise in a curry house -
Mixed Grill Starters
Karahi dish - with additional spice Chicken, Lamb (pref on bone) or Keema
Veg Chaat
Spicy Cuchumber Salad

Took my wife to Veeraswamy in London a few years ago - It is one of those posh Indian places - very pricey but it was our anniversary. I had the Duck Vindaloo - which was unbelievable - This dining experience was all around flavour rather than shit hot chilli kick

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Well Tolmie on your recommendation I will give it a go....my review though will have to be deciphered in a series of music video's...... :)

its a Barm said:
dont get veg currys whats that about.

The original Indian / Hindus were vegetarian - the authentic Indian Vegetarian food is some of the best you will every taste - trust me.
My parents are both pure veggies, It's just that I took on the carnivorous side.

Some of the best food you will taste. Unfortunately for us Manchester does not have any decent pure veg restaurants that you could go and sample - there are loads in Leicester and Wembley - check them out you may be suprised

crystal_mais said:
its a Barm said:

The original Indian / Hindus were vegetarian - the authentic Indian Vegetarian food is some of the best you will every taste - trust me.
My parents are both pure veggies, It's just that I took on the carnivorous side.

Some of the best food you will taste. Unfortunately for us Manchester does not have any decent pure veg restaurants that you could go and sample - there are loads in Leicester and Wembley - check them out you may be suprised

My Indian neighbour swears by ASM in Ashton for proper vegetarian Indian food, also Lily's on Oldham Road.

the chicken sylhet from Walmersley Massala in Bury is to die for

BWTAC said:
crystal_mais said:
its a Barm said:

My Indian neighbour swears by ASM in Ashton for proper vegetarian Indian food, also Lily's on Oldham Road.

It is ok - i know the owners really well. We went to Sanskruti in Burnage - really nice. Try some of the South Indian Dosa places - Open your eyes to a different variety of Indian Food rather than your standard Tikka Masal, Vindaloo or Korma

Also Try Indo Chinese - fusion food again ASM have some veggie ones but no Indo Chinese non veg in Manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.