Cycling

I'm being a bit of a **** to be honest, I just don't like the look of them and have always used flats when using the MTB. Now I'm going road cycling I might actually just grow up and try them, I can buy a cheap pair to start with, especially if there is a 10-20% difference as I didn't think it would be quite that much. I'll have a look at Decathlon tomorrow.
I wouldn't be without them now but my best tip is back off the pedal adjustment so that you can unclip with minimal effort

It all depends on the type of bike / riding you do but I'd also recommend using a double sided pedal. I use a double sided MBK / Gravel pedal even though I ride a road biased recumbent. The benefit is that for a short distance I can use the flat side if I know I am going to have to unclip in a few metres. The MBK shoes are a little heavier but at least the cleat is recessed so you can walk normally when you have to.

Mine are like this:

Pedal 1.jpeg

I wouldn't be without them now but my best tip is back off the pedal adjustment so that you can unclip with minimal effort

It all depends on the type of bike / riding you do but I'd also recommend using a double sided pedal. I use a double sided MBK / Gravel pedal even though I ride a road biased recumbent. The benefit is that for a short distance I can use the flat side if I know I am going to have to unclip in a few metres. The MBK shoes are a little heavier but at least the cleat is recessed so you can walk normally when you have to.

Mine are like this:

View attachment 74504
Oh, I like the look of them.

I'm going to be doing a bit of road cycling to keep fit. Ride to work every day from Leve to North Manchester and in winter I've been using the Brompton with a Swytch conversion (can't.be arsed with the wind and rain in winter). Now we're getting back to rain and sun I'm going to switch back to normal cycling in every day. It'll be interesting doing it on a road bike as I used the Scott MTB last summer, which was a very light bike but big chunky tyres.

Oh, I like the look of them.

I'm going to be doing a bit of road cycling to keep fit. Ride to work every day from Leve to North Manchester and in winter I've been using the Brompton with a Swytch conversion (can't.be arsed with the wind and rain in winter). Now we're getting back to rain and sun I'm going to switch back to normal cycling in every day. It'll be interesting doing it on a road bike as I used the Scott MTB last summer, which was a very light bike but big chunky tyres.
I had a GT MBK years ago that was great with slicks on

Yep, I kind of know what I'm doing here but the fuckers won't budge. Just wondered if anyone had issues like this before and knew a 'hack'.
Can you get the spanner close to the crank, maybe 15 degrees apart, then squeeze the two together?

Tried it mate. No fucking idea how it's got so tight. I've got some long handled Allen keys arriving tomorrow, maybe the extra leverage will help.
Don’t fuck about with the cranks / pedals- get it into your nearest bike shop and get them to do it quickly and properly.
Then get a decent pair of Shimano Ultegra pedals with a pair of shoes- people pay far too little attention to pedals and shoes and they’re one of most important things to get right. Again, just my opinion, but I’d be looking to spend 150-200 on shoes.
You can get decent shoes for less than a ton.

Don’t fuck about with the cranks / pedals- get it into your nearest bike shop and get them to do it quickly and properly.
Then get a decent pair of Shimano Ultegra pedals with a pair of shoes- people pay far too little attention to pedals and shoes and they’re one of most important things to get right. Again, just my opinion, but I’d be looking to spend 150-200 on shoes.
You can get decent shoes for less than a ton.
Cheers, I'll have a look. Got a very good pair of 5tens for the MTB.

Mine are like this:

View attachment 74504
Mate.......game changer. I stuck with the SPD pedals and sorted the cleats out. After some trial and adjustment I went on my first ride this morning. Glad I didn't go with the flats. Absolutely amazing, especially uphill. Love them.

Mate.......game changer. I stuck with the SPD pedals and sorted the cleats out. After some trial and adjustment I went on my first ride this morning. Glad I didn't go with the flats. Absolutely amazing, especially uphill. Love them.
Good lad!! Wait until you forget to unclip at the traffic lights, fall over and you can truly say you’ve joined the cleated world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.