Cycling

Just seen a transgender cyclist has won the tour of Mexico.
Nothing against Austin killips personally, but feel sorry for the women having to compete against him/her/they/them, must be very frustrating for "women " who have dedicated their lives to the sport, and personally think it is wrong, what next Anthony joshua declaring he's a woman and going for the world title next year

Nothing against Austin killips personally, but feel sorry for the women having to compete against him/her/they/them, must be very frustrating for "women " who have dedicated their lives to the sport, and personally think it is wrong, what next Anthony joshua declaring he's a woman and going for the world title next year

Yep this is a huge problem in women's sport.
The only fair way I can see is that transgender is a different category. So its mens, women, transgender this wont please the PC brigade.
Transgender has a big advantage over the women and clearly isnt fair, soon they wont be any born women winning their events.

It’s a disgrace.

Really feel sorry for female athletes that have trained all their lives only to then be cheated because they are forced to compete against males.

Yep this is a huge problem in women's sport.
The only fair way I can see is that transgender is a different category. So its mens, women, transgender this wont please the PC brigade.
Transgender has a big advantage over the women and clearly isnt fair, soon they wont be any born women winning their events.
I’m probably one of the so called pc brigade ( I call it not being a ****) and I know trans folk. But I agree, there needs to be a separate category. Maybe not permanently but until another solution can be found. Are there that many trans cyclists though? Can’t see it being much of an advantage in downhill MTB or enduro where they are using electric bikes now. Either way, one side won’t be happy.

Been watching cycling mikey videos.

People shouldn't be on their phones at the wheel (I never use mine, it goes in the glove compartment and I take calls using BT speaker).

That said, he's a very creepy bloke. Sneaking up on people, he then zooms in on their phone screen and comments on what they're doing which is quite intrusive. By that point he has his evidence to grass them up but to comment if they're on whatsapp etc is quite creepy.

Been watching cycling mikey videos.

People shouldn't be on their phones at the wheel (I never use mine, it goes in the glove compartment and I take calls using BT speaker).

That said, he's a very creepy bloke. Sneaking up on people, he then zooms in on their phone screen and comments on what they're doing which is quite intrusive. By that point he has his evidence to grass them up but to comment if they're on whatsapp etc is quite creepy.
As you say it is very creepy, but the use of mobile phones whilst driving, especially texting, is a real menace to other road users.

Don’t fuck about with the cranks / pedals- get it into your nearest bike shop and get them to do it quickly and properly.
Then get a decent pair of Shimano Ultegra pedals with a pair of shoes- people pay far too little attention to pedals and shoes and they’re one of most important things to get right. Again, just my opinion, but I’d be looking to spend 150-200 on shoes.
You can get decent shoes for less than a ton.
Diminishing returns on shoes/pedals unless you intend to spend most of your time riding on the rivet. A half decent, COMFORTABLE pair of shoes and cleats with at least some flex in them will serve most cyclists.
Good lad!! Wait until you forget to unclip at the traffic lights, fall over and you can truly say you’ve joined the cleated world
Scars to prove it ;-)

As you say it is very creepy, but the use of mobile phones whilst driving, especially texting, is a real menace to other road users.
The tell-tale pause/gap at traffic lights is a dead giveaway.

Simply put the f*cking thing in your pocket. The world will not stop spinning if you don't update your status immediately.

Honestly, drivers have one thing to do when they get behind the wheel, and that is to get them and their passengers/cargo from A to B SAFELY!!!

The tell-tale pause/gap at traffic lights is a dead giveaway.

Simply put the f*cking thing in your pocket. The world will not stop spinning if you don't update your status immediately.

Honestly, drivers have one thing to do when they get behind the wheel, and that is to get them and their passengers/cargo from A to B SAFELY!!!
Completely agree, it's noticeable at traffic lights when they turn green and the idiot infront takes ages to set off. It's a huge give away that they're on their phone.

I do find cycling mikey a huge creeping get though, definitely gives off sexual predator vibes...

Completely agree, it's noticeable at traffic lights when they turn green and the idiot infront takes ages to set off. It's a huge give away that they're on their phone.

I do find cycling mikey a huge creeping get though, definitely gives off sexual predator vibes...
I don't think there is anything malicious in cycling Mikey's videos. He's Dutch, so I wonder if it's just a cultural thing us Brit's are not used to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.