D-Day - Student Protests in London, 09/12/10

crizack said:
Ha! Students protesting against the very people they will be working under and paying taxes to for the rest of their lifes. I'm going to uni next Sep to study law, a proper degree. The only reason I'd moan about having a student debt would be if I knew the course I was going on was a shit one which left me with no aspects and the only reason I went to uni was so I could act like some jumped up prick and say "i went to uni, blah fuckin blah".

So with the prospect of doing a shit degree and knowing it, they now want fees to be scrapped. Well done fucktards! I hope you leave uni with a 1st in culture and journalism with 30k of debt, having to live with your mam an dad till your forty until they kick you out coz they hate you!...they wanted a child like me, a lawyer, not some greasy pot noodle eaten travel brochure editor. You weasels, I really hope the police stick it to em and ruin their Ralph lauren polo shirts.

cracking post and good luck

Blue Smarties said:
crizack said:
Ha! Students protesting against the very people they will be working under and paying taxes to for the rest of their lifes. I'm going to uni next Sep to study law, a proper degree. The only reason I'd moan about having a student debt would be if I knew the course I was going on was a shit one which left me with no aspects and the only reason I went to uni was so I could act like some jumped up prick and say "i went to uni, blah fuckin blah".

So with the prospect of doing a shit degree and knowing it, they now want fees to be scrapped. Well done fucktards! I hope you leave uni with a 1st in culture and journalism with 30k of debt, having to live with your mam an dad till your forty until they kick you out coz they hate you!...they wanted a child like me, a lawyer, not some greasy pot noodle eaten travel brochure editor. You weasels, I really hope the police stick it to em and ruin their Ralph lauren polo shirts.
If you claim you're going to be a lawyer please don't use "coz" within the same feckin post and also use the correct you're. I presume my parents would prefer someone who knows the basics of the English language compared to a billy bullshitter or someone with connections to piggies. Oh and if you're so intelligent I presume you put the research in before this post and know that the marches aren't fully based on University fees?

Oh bloody hell, you obviously knew what I meant so why correct me, I don't care about grammar if I'm not being marked. What else is the protest about? They want pot noodles to be free aswell?

These protests are starting to do my head in. Half the people going are daddys little rich kids who have spat their dummy out and want to 'fight for the cause', most of whom are too bastard ignorant to read the report explaining why these increases HAVE to be made! So what if nick clegg has lied to you, have you not heard that politicians only look after themselves? I graduated in July with 30k of debt and did a good subject, geology, with the prospect of a decent job at the end of it! Our department got fuck all funding as everything was going to fund the thousands of layabouts that wanted to do sociology, media studies and other shit subjects like that, and funding their cafes and lecture theatres so hundreds of em can fit in and have their latte in a morning! Most, and I mean a large percentage go to Uni for a piss up not to learn, which, let's be honest is a bit of a disgrace! These fee hikes are a good thing in the long run, funding will go back into the places that need them, ie good scientific research that can benefit the country down the line, rather than making sure the film studies department has a new, £5k 3D ready projector (which has just happened at Manchester Uni).

Read the Browne report if you disagree and your mind should change if you have an ounce of sender

crizack said:
Blue Smarties said:
If you claim you're going to be a lawyer please don't use "coz" within the same feckin post and also use the correct you're. I presume my parents would prefer someone who knows the basics of the English language compared to a billy bullshitter or someone with connections to piggies. Oh and if you're so intelligent I presume you put the research in before this post and know that the marches aren't fully based on University fees?

Oh bloody hell, you obviously knew what I meant so why correct me, I don't care about grammar if I'm not being marked. What else is the protest about? They want pot noodles to be free aswell?
So you're putting your foot in a subject you haven't fully looked into?

greenie said:
These protests are starting to do my head in. Half the people going are daddys little rich kids who have spat their dummy out and want to 'fight for the cause', most of whom are too bastard ignorant to read the report explaining why these increases HAVE to be made! So what if nick clegg has lied to you, have you not heard that politicians only look after themselves? I graduated in July with 30k of debt and did a good subject, geology, with the prospect of a decent job at the end of it! Our department got fuck all funding as everything was going to fund the thousands of layabouts that wanted to do sociology, media studies and other shit subjects like that, and funding their cafes and lecture theatres so hundreds of em can fit in and have their latte in a morning! Most, and I mean a large percentage go to Uni for a piss up not to learn, which, let's be honest is a bit of a disgrace! These fee hikes are a good thing in the long run, funding will go back into the places that need them, ie good scientific research that can benefit the country down the line, rather than making sure the film studies department has a new, £5k 3D ready projector (which has just happened at Manchester Uni).

Read the Browne report if you disagree and your mind should change if you have an ounce of sender
You lube up for the Gov, let them trample all over you. It's alright because they've been doing it for years now because your generation want to let them do it. Fuck them, stand up for it. No wonder your generation got us in this mess, you let them do it. Now it's our generation who are being made to pay for your generations fuck up, well fuck your generation. We ain't cleaning your shit.

nashark said:
Get a job, lazy wanker.

You should be glad you have the opportunity to go to University and have a three year media studies piss up, instead of worrying about the cost.

In this grown-up world, boyo, you have to pay for yourself - that includes paying for your disreputable 'academic' course. No more pot-noodles, shit haircuts, bad clothing, just hard graft for 40 years to pay off an enormous mortgage, 1 holiday to Spain a year, and an average car.

You must have a really shit life.

glen quagmire said:
swales forgive me, but i think making students pay £££££££££££££££££££££'s for their courses is absolutley brilliant! In my case, i have a great job, which i like, but about 6 years ago, i'd realised i had left school early with NO qualifications at all. I went to college, done my gcse's then an access course and got myself to uni to study law. I paid for the course up front, with my own dosh. Being among the students every day, made me realise how absurd some of the degree courses were!

Now, all you need is a 2:1 in any subject, to jump on the asda/network rail/royal mail graduate programme, when some poor bastard who left school at 16 and grafted for years in the company is more deserving of the place, but is overlooked for the graduate.

Causing trouble just for the sake of it, will only end in tears for a load of rowdy crusties and mature student 'paul weller lookalikes'. I would larf if the pigs kick the shit out of them, lazy twats.

I highly doubt that, not with that level of grammar.

People like you, who evidently did fuck all at school shouldn't be allowed a second chance. I bet you were one of the 'lads' weren't you? Never did your homework, always disrupted class, smoked round by the bike sheds instead of going to class? I bet you go out and get drunk to don't you? Fucking disgrace. You should be 100% commited to having a shit life, and getting up at 7AM to go to your shit job instead of going out drinking and actually having fun in life. Come on, hard graft an all that?

And I bet you don't get this post either.

What is with all the generalisations on this thread?! Seriously, some of you are being so monumentally narrow-minded it's untrue.

I really wish these student protesters will fuck off. The country is in a financial mess and everyone in this country is going to take a huge bite out of this mess and pay for it in some way, why should students be exempt? I am in £24k debt from uni but that was my personal investment which has paid off, I grafted hard, worked for some respectable companies and I'm now doing a great job using the degree I studies.

Unfortunately I am being laid off at the end of the month thanks to the spending review, but do I spit my dummy out and go and vandalise whitehall? No I keep calm and carry on. You little ponces don't know you have been born so shut your yaps and get on with it.

What are they demonstrating against if not the fee?

It seems to me they are actually paying less.........it will only be those doing the well paid jobs that will be paying back quickly...is this not the case?

If you are on a media study sort of course and don't earn 21k you will pay nothing?

I know very little about this so welcome being informed.

Spelling and grammer may not be so clever from myself but hey ho I get by

kinkysleftfoot said:
What are they demonstrating against if not the fee?

It seems to me they are actually paying less.........it will only be those doing the well paid jobs that will be paying back quickly...is this not the case?

If you are on a media study sort of course and don't earn 21k you will pay nothing?

I know very little about this so welcome being informed.

Spelling and grammer may not be so clever from myself but hey ho I get by

Because it means students will be coming out of university with debts of at least £40,000-£50,000 for your standard degree.

And you missed a full-stop on the end of the last sentence, other than that, well done. 10/10 for effort ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11483638. Have a read of this, it's a bit lengthy but gives a pretty good summary of the whole debate.

Nedum, I Was the kid who did all of the aforementioned stuff at school. In between then and now, I've had an amazing array of jobs from, bank robber to 'doing the doors' to the very well paid recession proof position I have today. Yes, I've made my own way in life, the degree wasn't for anything particular, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about! I can't believe how easy it was, I did my assignments as soon as I got them, while the younger crew went out drinking their grant money, opting to cram at the last minute. I'll bet my ST that more than 60% on my degree course, are not lawyers, barristers or even working within the legal system! They will be at macdonalds as managers, or asda or lidl or well, I hope you get the point.

At least now, only people with GENUINE aspirations will want to risk the debt, and for that, I think it must only be a good thing!

glen quagmire said:
Nedum, I Was the kid who did all of the aforementioned stuff at school. In between then and now, I've had an amazing array of jobs from, bank robber to 'doing the doors' to the very well paid recession proof position I have today. Yes, I've made my own way in life, the degree wasn't for anything particular, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about! I can't believe how easy it was, I did my assignments as soon as I got them, while the younger crew went out drinking their grant money, opting to cram at the last minute. I'll bet my ST that more than 60% on my degree course, are not lawyers, barristers or even working within the legal system! They will be at macdonalds as managers, or asda or lidl or well, I hope you get the point.

At least now, only people with GENUINE aspirations will want to risk the debt, and for that, I think it must only be a good thing!

So why should someone like me, who has never fucked about at school or college, always got above average grades, and wants to get a degree be labelled as a lazy, jobless twat who just wants to go to university for a three year piss-up?

And the degree wasn't for anything in particular? But you've actually managed to make something of yourself in life? Thank you for being proof that you don't have to know what you are going to do for a living for the rest of your life at the age of 16. I salute you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.