daft things that scared you when you were little...

Going upstairs from the living room to the loo, after sunset. If both the door to the spare bedroom AND the door to the airing cupboard were open, it meant skeletons. I could be up and down those stairs, and pee, in less than a minute. Door to the spare room was bad enough on its own - I used to vault round the top of the bannisters.

Daleks. The thing was, no matter how fast the Doctor ran, or how slow the Daleks moved, they always seemed to be closing him down.

One particular gravestone in the local churchyard. That was where Dracula was buried. It was a major dare to circumnavigate the church without an accomplice.

charliebigspuds said:
Mr Rumpole off Rentaghost

You mean Mr Claypole

v7qyv8.jpg

Wooooo!!!

Climbing stairs with gaps in them so you could see the ground below you, that used to really freak me out, like the one below

pic9_4.jpg

....and escalators!

The only thing that really scared me as a kid was Werewolves. Two movies. The Company of Wolves and An American Werewolf in London.

Most movie Werewolves are the upright wolfman two legged veriety. But the one in AWIL was a genuinely terrifying four legged hound from hell. The awsome changing scene which was stunning for the time it was made and the part where the Werewolf is stalking that guy through the London underground used to have me crapping myself and running from the room in floods of tears.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buH-tKL7FCk&feature=fvw[/youtube]

Now it is one of my all time favourite films and as i'm now a big boy i see it for what it is. Iquite genuinely funny if a bit tragic dark comedy.

The company of wolves however remains to this day very fucking freaky. It's pretty much all about how men are all lying cheating bastards and how we all have this inner evil wolf lurking within. Only in this film they mean litraly. It's a twist on the brothers grim classic little red ridinghood. It's all about a hot young wench coming into adulthood and the loss of innocence and all that crap. I watched it again a few months back and it's a bit slow but the Scene where a fella gets his head hacked off into a bucket during his wolfman transformation is still freaky.

Cool movie poster though. The wolf within and all that:
1qoq3d.jpg

BimboBob said:
Sea Devils.

They came out of the sea at Southsea, were i lived! The sofa was a good barrier against their hoof ray gun i can tell you.

I remember being scared by the sea devils., far scarier than cybermen and darleks<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:05 am --<br /><br />there was a show on I think sunday nights in the 70s that ended with a spotlight shining on an armchair or swivel chair. It was a horror type thing. Anyone remember the name?

this theme tune song from the Tales of the unexpected
it just had that feeling of a baddream

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc46Gk-6qrA&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.