Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

Give him an extension if he wins the league or shows serious improvement from last year after signing Nasri, Agüero, Clichy, Savic. If one year more gelling time and this 4 players is only good to be second place not on equal point as last year but still being about 8-10 points behind the champion then it is not improvement.
Still unsure about City got stronger really or Chelsea got that much weaker with their old squad and AVB's inability to manage them.

Improvement? Absolutely not if we check United's current season. CL group exit vs. CL final. FA-cup semi final vs. Carling cup exit against C. Palace.

You spend big you risk big. Pressure is bigger. Mancini asked for top players for top money. And all he does comparing to last season is nothing. He gets ahaed a lot weaker Chelsea side. Wow big thing. And stays far enough behind a shit United side with them making new records with injury list.

City Raider said:
yep, if he keeps improving the team and we keep improving our points total, the trophies are automatic

Has he improved the team adequately?i know he's brought in players who were no brainer signings - Yaya,Nasri,Aguero,Silva etc but he hasn't unearthed any gems and he has also built a squad that is unbalanced and without depth of quality.

Are you not disappointed that no silverware will be arriving this summer? I believe one trophy should have been the minimum,that may sound arrogant but,realistically,that is the park we are now playing in.....

FantasyIreland said:
City Raider said:
yep, if he keeps improving the team and we keep improving our points total, the trophies are automatic

Has he improved the team adequately?i know he's brought in players who were no brainer signings - Yaya,Nasri,Aguero,Silva etc but he hasn't unearthed any gems and he has also built a squad that is unbalanced and without depth of quality.

Are you not disappointed that no silverware will be arriving this summer? I believe one trophy should have been the minimum,that may sound arrogant but,realistically,that is the park we are now playing in.....
15 points better than last season at the same stage says the team has improved.

You can't fucking deny that.......can you?

Actually, the way you feel about Mancini, you probably can.

remember mancini talked of winning 2 trophies this season, and only 2 games ago said we would win the league.

when we have needed a performance in 2011/12 we have been found wanting, be it the champion league, league cup, uefa cup, fa cup and now the league.

throw in the league cup semi v utd, and the missing out v tottenham for fourth, then i am far from convinced that when push comes to shove mancini can deliver.

fathellensbellend said:
remember mancini talked of winning 2 trophies this season, and only 2 games ago said we would win the league.

when we have needed a performance in 2011/12 we have been found wanting, be it the champion league, league cup, uefa cup, fa cup and now the league.

throw in the league cup semi v utd, and the missing out v tottenham for fourth, then i am far from convinced that when push comes to shove mancini can deliver.
Yes when push came to shove in the league we were found wanting

At Utd
At Spurs
Home to Spurs
Home to Arsenal
Home to Chelsea

And if you're going back two seasons we can also add the FA Cup semi and final and the spurs 4th place shoot out last year.

Talk about an argument of straw. Give your head a wobble.

SWP's back said:
FantasyIreland said:
City Raider said:

15 points better than last season at the same stage says the team has improved.

You can't fucking deny that.......can you?

Actually, the way you feel about Mancini, you probably can.

Turn it in.

We have not improved enough,the team is not as good as it should be,the money available could and should have been better spent.

I would also suggest the deterioration of other teams has more to do with our points total.

SWP's back said:
fathellensbellend said:

Yes when push came to shove in the league we were found wanting

At Utd
At Spurs
Home to Spurs
Home to Arsenal
Home to Chelsea

And if you're going back two seasons we can also add the FA Cup semi and final and the spurs 4th place shoot out last year.

Talk about an argument of straw. Give your head a wobble.

explain to me the following.

why in naples did we chase a game when a draw would have sufficed.

why did we stretch the squad in getting to the semi final against liverpool and then pick a side not capable of competing.

why produce a fantastic effort v porto, and then meekly go out against a weak lisbon side.

why when faced with the same problem for the last few months away from home persist with the same tactics, showing no inclination to revert to what appears to be a non existent plan b.

why have orthadox wingers been overlooked in a budget that no other club can dream of.

why when rotating does the player who is finding form find himself out of the team.

why have we persisted with silva, when clearly the player needs a break, and we have suitable replacements.

and finally how will we approach the remaining away games, and will our 400 million pound squad show the mentality and guile to break teams down.

or do we just wobble our heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.