Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

FantasyIreland said:
SWP's back said:
FantasyIreland said:
Has he improved the team adequately?i know he's brought in players who were no brainer signings - Yaya,Nasri,Aguero,Silva etc but he hasn't unearthed any gems and he has also built a squad that is unbalanced and without depth of quality.

Are you not disappointed that no silverware will be arriving this summer? I believe one trophy should have been the minimum,that may sound arrogant but,realistically,that is the park we are now playing in.....
15 points better than last season at the same stage says the team has improved.

You can't fucking deny that.......can you?

Actually, the way you feel about Mancini, you probably can.

Turn it in.

We have not improved enough,the team is not as good as it should be,the money available could and should have been better spent.

I would also suggest the deterioration of other teams has more to do with our points total.
Last season we inconsistently (for a "top" side) pushed our way through most of the season until April (when we did indeed start to play well). We just about beat most teams we beat, with the odd hammering and we gave the ball away shit loads. Against the top sides we sat in our own half and barely attacked, in a few of them we didn't have a single shot at goal. To be honest we were nowhere near a title challenging team. We finished the season with 21 wins (already on 22 with seven games still to play), 60 goals scored (already scored 75), 71 points (already on exactly that) and finished third (none of that joint second bollocks, Chelsea scored 9 goals more than us and were therefore clear in second on their own)(we will finish higher than third this season).
We won the FA Cup, which was truly fantastic! We did have an easy run to the semi-final (even struggled with a few of them) and won the semi and final in very close games just 1-0. Cup competitions are a complete lottery, they really only show who can raise their game from time to time against random teams and that's it. This season we didn't raise our game, can happen to anyone.

To me, that is huge improvement in the Prem!

What money? We spent a bit last Summer but none in January. Last Summer we only bought Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri and Sergio Agüero (all performing as i expected them to in their first season), were they not good enough for you? In January we didn't buy anybody. With the money Roberto spent this season what would you suggest he could have done better? We tried to sign Sanchez but we're nowhere near a big enough club to get players ahead of Barcelona (just like we weren't web we tried to sign Ronaldinho, Kaka, Terry and Eto'o).

We win the points we win because we win them. When Chelsea lose to QPR we don't get an extra two points out of the kindness of the FA's hearts and we don't gain three points ontop of our total when Arsenal lost to Blackburn because the Premier League felt we deserved it. The only points we gain are the points we win by drawing and winning games.

We could end up with a points total that would have won the league in most other Premier League seasons since it became 20 teams (the average is 85 points [with an average of 25 wins]!). Last season we were nowhere near a title winning side (even if we were only 9 points off the top). Now, we almost always play well and are good to watch, with just the odd exceptions. We almost always boss possession. We almost always create an abundance of chances (only three times this season we've barely created anything [Everton, Swansea and Stoke], every other game we've created the chances to have won the game!). That is improvement enough for any manager!
The cups didn't go to plan, but as I say they are a lottery (our own fans were one of the shittest part of the League Cup semi, we didn't support the team whatsoever in that first leg and it was a SEMI-FINAL! we sat/stood in silence for 90minutes [like yesterday against Sunderland] - we have to do our part too!)

I'm no huge Mancini fan. I dislike a lot of the things about Roberto: some of the teams he's picked, some of his tactics, some of his substitutions, the players he's overplayed, players he's left out too often, his slow progress at learning English, the way he allowed Steven "the ****" Gerrard to continue to disrupt that interview back in January after the first word Gerrard uttered... but after seeing our huge improvement from last season to this I will be glad to see him get longer to rectify any mistakes and improve this club further.

Excellent and balanced post Dan and I pretty much agree word for word.

(apart from winning the league, I'd be amazed)

Marvin said:
CTID1988 said:
Hope this is true
Me too.

Money making a lot of City fans lose all sense of values and judgement. Success is based on continuity. In many ways City are similar to Chelsea. A rich owner buying the best. Let us learn from their mistakes and get a good manager in who can lay down the foundations for an era

Not read all the thread but we don't need to learn from Chelsea, we had years changing managers.

This one needs to stay and I think it would be a very good move.

Mancini is the guy for the job, if we replace him, then we are putting the plans of our owners back a couple of years, I think its going to take one or two seasons before we will land the premiership, but once we've got that intial premiership under our belts there be no stopping us...............

Comrade Buka said:
fathellensbellend said:
why when faced with the same problem for the last few months away from home persist with the same tactics, showing no inclination to revert to what appears to be a non existent plan b.

This and this only. How is it that so few see this?

I liked Mancini when he was in Inter. I was happy to see him come here. But he has been found out and he has NO answer.

He got found out at inter didn't he? 3 titles in 4 years and how long was it lads since inter won a title until bobby came in? He's proven he can win titles and cups so saying he's bin found out is laughable mate

why not just get behind him because he will bring many titles and cups. He's not proven in the champions leauge but are we? He's young all learning and the best thing for mcfc is he stays

danburge82 said:
FantasyIreland said:
SWP's back said:
15 points better than last season at the same stage says the team has improved.

You can't fucking deny that.......can you?

Actually, the way you feel about Mancini, you probably can.

Turn it in.

We have not improved enough,the team is not as good as it should be,the money available could and should have been better spent.

I would also suggest the deterioration of other teams has more to do with our points total.
Last season we inconsistently (for a "top" side) pushed our way through most of the season until April (when we did indeed start to play well). We just about beat most teams we beat, with the odd hammering and we gave the ball away shit loads. Against the top sides we sat in our own half and barely attacked, in a few of them we didn't have a single shot at goal. To be honest we were nowhere near a title challenging team. We finished the season with 21 wins (already on 22 with seven games still to play), 60 goals scored (already scored 75), 71 points (already on exactly that) and finished third (none of that joint second bollocks, Chelsea scored 9 goals more than us and were therefore clear in second on their own)(we will finish higher than third this season).
We won the FA Cup, which was truly fantastic! We did have an easy run to the semi-final (even struggled with a few of them) and won the semi and final in very close games just 1-0. Cup competitions are a complete lottery, they really only show who can raise their game from time to time against random teams and that's it. This season we didn't raise our game, can happen to anyone.

To me, that is huge improvement in the Prem!

What money? We spent a bit last Summer but none in January. Last Summer we only bought Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri and Sergio Agüero (all performing as i expected them to in their first season), were they not good enough for you? In January we didn't buy anybody. With the money Roberto spent this season what would you suggest he could have done better? We tried to sign Sanchez but we're nowhere near a big enough club to get players ahead of Barcelona (just like we weren't web we tried to sign Ronaldinho, Kaka, Terry and Eto'o).

We win the points we win because we win them. When Chelsea lose to QPR we don't get an extra two points out of the kindness of the FA's hearts and we don't gain three points ontop of our total when Arsenal lost to Blackburn because the Premier League felt we deserved it. The only points we gain are the points we win by drawing and winning games.

We could end up with a points total that would have won the league in most other Premier League seasons since it became 20 teams (the average is 85 points [with an average of 25 wins]!). Last season we were nowhere near a title winning side (even if we were only 9 points off the top). Now, we almost always play well and are good to watch, with just the odd exceptions. We almost always boss possession. We almost always create an abundance of chances (only three times this season we've barely created anything [Everton, Swansea and Stoke], every other game we've created the chances to have won the game!). That is improvement enough for any manager!
The cups didn't go to plan, but as I say they are a lottery (our own fans were one of the shittest part of the League Cup semi, we didn't support the team whatsoever in that first leg and it was a SEMI-FINAL! we sat/stood in silence for 90minutes [like yesterday against Sunderland] - we have to do our part too!)

I'm no huge Mancini fan. I dislike a lot of the things about Roberto: some of the teams he's picked, some of his tactics, some of his substitutions, the players he's overplayed, players he's left out too often, his slow progress at learning English, the way he allowed Steven "the ****" Gerrard to continue to disrupt that interview back in January after the first word Gerrard uttered... but after seeing our huge improvement from last season to this I will be glad to see him get longer to rectify any mistakes and improve this club further.
I like this post.

I honestly don't know if I want Mancini or Mourinho(was firmly in the Mancini must stay even if we finish 2nd) but yesterday was a disaster.

Now I'm meh, he stays, he goes, I'm not fussed.

I trust the owners judgement. We've made progress from last season, but we're obviously not the finished article yet, which is to be expected really. Even if we don't win the title this season, the team has gained valuable experience, improved, and with the right adjustments here and there, we'll be in a very strong position to challenge for the title next season. Mancini is also learning, and I'm encouraged how we've been linked with players like Hazard and Gaitan, who can give us that something extra the teams lacked at times this season, especially away. I think sometimes on here, people can get a bit carried away on how good we are. We're a very good side, but I don't like discussions comparing us with Barcelona, or how good we would do against certain top European clubs. Those clubs have a big head start on us, they're a notch above us in my opinion, but we're definitely on the right road.

Considering the progress made under Mancini, I think a contract extension is a fair decision. I've been critical of him over certain things, but we're a better team than last season; we're not as defensive, the home form has improved, and we're better against the top clubs. So if we can improve on the things we've been weak on in the previous season in this one, its definitely possible we can improve on things we've been weak on in this season, in the 12/13 season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:
Stable ships dont capsize..
Unless they have shit Italian captains....

You mean like this guy ?
(I am holding my breath, expecting waves of frontal attacks)

555624_3669912906846_1245546534_33628200_418973702_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.