Daily Fail and the Mancini era ....

FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:
Any player giving a him or me ultimatum to any manager can leave as far as I'm concerned.

Open your eyes mate,the bloke was a prick.

It has nothing to do with Mancini. You'll note I said any manager.

And getting rid of players that want to run the club doesnt mean that the club cant also replace a manager if they see fit.

come on folks,we all saw what the mirror used to do in twisting his words every week e.g,he didnt have a go at micah he just said he wasnt very fit after his first game back.I think the basics are true but greatly exaggerated in the knowledge that mancini cant do anything about it now

moomba said:
Any player giving a him or me ultimatum to any manager can leave as far as I'm concerned.

Ridiculous.

The best players in our team felt he should go and you'd happily see them go because they felt Mancini was abrasive and lacklustre in tactics in Europe. Jesus Christ, when will people see things for what they are instead of ridiculous statements like this.

Want the best for the club, not for manager! Remember who you supported first!

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:

Ridiculous.

The best players in our team felt he should go and you'd happily see them go because they felt Mancini was abrasive and lacklustre in tactics in Europe. Jesus Christ, when will people see things for what they are instead of ridiculous statements like this.

Sigh. What is best for the club in my opinion is that footballers that give him or me ultimatums about a manager are not part of it.

moomba said:
FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:

And getting rid of players that want to run the club doesnt mean that the club cant also replace a manager if they see fit.

I'm sure if the club feel that any of Hart, Silva, Kompany or any other are trying to run the club by issuing ultimatums whenever they don't like something they'll be shipped out at the earliest convenience.

adrianr said:
moomba said:
FantasyIreland said:

I'm sure if the club feel that any of Hart, Silva, Kompany or any other are trying to run the club by issuing ultimatums whenever they don't like something they'll be shipped out at the earliest convenience.

I wouldnt be surprised to see some shock departures this summer. Wouldnt complain either.

Cant have the tail wagging the dog.

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:

Ridiculous.

I would see every last one of them go if they never put 100 % in on the field to piss mancini off
Anyway,i dare say it will be loud tommorrow singing his name ...so get that out of the way and then hopefully everyone gets right behind the next guy in....

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
moomba said:

Ridiculous.

Sigh. What is best for the club in my opinion is that footballers that give him or me ultimatums about a manager are not part of it.

What is best for the club is we keep our best players and shift a manager who rubs them up the wrong way, didn't answer our weaknesses of playing narrow and deep and was bang average in Europe and failed to get the best out of our squad.

Nothing else to it. He was out of order for the Hart criticism (everyone said so after the game so no need to attempt to re-write history) and the Kompany criticism was bollocks too (players should be able to play for country without any problems from club, this is a strong reason for my hate for Ferguson) let alone the other stuff.

LoveCity said:
BringBackSwales said:
LoveCity said:
Mullock saying in the Mirror that Silva found playing under Mancini 'unbearable' and that there were fears he, VK, and Joe would leave. Also says Mancini sold De Jong because he had become too popular/influential. :x

have you got the full article, looked on line but couldn't find it?

Player power: Kompany, Hart and Silva threatened to quit Manchester City if Mancini didn't leave
18 May 2013 22:30

Roberto Mancini's reign at Manchester City was doomed when it became clear several star players would leave if the Italian wasn’t replaced.

There were fears at the Etihad that ­captain Vincent Kompany, goalkeeper Joe Hart and playmaker David Silva would all quit the club if Mancini had continued.

City are hoping Manuel Pellegrini can heal the wounds caused by the Italian’s confrontational management style, with the Chilean expected to sign a two-year deal next month.

Pellegrini will inherit a squad packed with talent and with morale already ­improving, even though Mancini’s departure was only confirmed six days ago.

City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain, were ­compelled to act.

Hart met club officials to voice his anger at the way he was being treated by ­Mancini and indicated he was ready to quit.

He was disappointed at being lambasted by his manager for honest observations made after the Champions League defeat at Real Madrid last September.

And there was a stream of sniping from Mancini, despite Hart keeping the most clean sheets in Premier League this term.

Kompany, the Belgian defender who has been an inspirational leader, had also ­become ­estranged from his manager to the point where he was also questioning his future.

And he was furious when he was blasted for playing for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier on his return from injury.

Even mild-mannered Silva made it clear that playing under Mancini had become unbearable.

All three players have committed themselves to long-term contacts and are regarded as jewels in the crown by the club’s Abu Dhabi-based owners.

City will finish runners-up in the Premier League, while last week’s FA Cup Final defeat by Wigan came with the axe ready to fall on Mancini.

While the 48-year-old failed to meet targets on the field, it was the divisive nature of his management style that played the biggest part in his demise – less than 12 months after he was rewarded for winning the title with a five-year deal.

Other players also failed to respond to Mancini’s abrasive approach.

Samir Nasri was accused of not giving 100 per cent, while Micah Richards also incurred Mancini’s wrath when he ­returned from six months out after knee surgery with a below-par display against Wigan.

Even Mancini’s treatment of Tevez was questioned, some club officials wondering whether the Italian was unwilling to ­forgive the row which saw the Argentine go AWOL for six months last season.

His over-indulgence of Mario Balotelli was seen as a weakness, until the striker was shipped out to Milan in a £20million January deal.

And Nigel de Jong was rapidly despatched to Milan last summer because Mancini felt he had too much influence amongst his team-mates.

Mancini failed to speak to his players after defeats at Southampton and ­Everton undermined his chances of retaining the title, preferring both times to head to the airport for flights back to Italy.

He didn’t even address his devastated team after last week’s shock Wembley defeat by Wigan.

By then, his fate had been decided. His future was not even discussed during a five-hour board meeting on Cup final day.

And he had known for months he was fighting for his future, even making a ­secret trip to Abu Dhabi in a bid to convince ­Khaldoon to stand by him – to no avail.

Many City players have Twitter accounts. But as one dressing room insider observed, there has not been a single message of ­support for Mancini since his sacking.

Meanwhile, Paolo Di Canio has branded Manchester City players 'piranhas' for not backing Mancini.

No different than the usual crap the rag media have been reporting all season, absolute bollox.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.