Daily Fail and the Mancini era ....

the texts are real and are by someone who he picked pretty much week in week out

guy was just a prick, lets see what he achieves after us

NipHolmes said:
BobKowalski said:
Ah another round of 'revelations' and it seems our Nige wasn't kicking up a fuss over not getting parity with other top earners when he declined to sign the new contract that was offered. All the speculation in the press and on here and the involvement of Kia was for naught. It was Mancini all along who bundled him out the door in the dead of the night for a bigger contract in Milan. The swine.

Anyway its going to be an interesting read when someone finally prints the story of the Mancini era at City. I would be intrigued to know when Mancini figured his time was up and what that 'mystery trip to Abu Dhabi a while back was all about and a host of other titbits.

Another thing that has struck me is the similarity between Mancini and Mourinho at their respective clubs. Both there 3 years (ish). Both won the league last year over their fiercest rivals. Both had a less than stellar title defence. Both ended up losing the cup final. Both had squad unrest. Both went to war with the hierarchy or at least were at odds with them. Spooky stuff.

One small detail. Nigel gets paid less at Milan than he did here.

As I said to TCM, come back to me when Mancini wins a treble.

-- Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 am --

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Well that's you. IMO they were right and Mancini moving was/is best for the club.

If you're at work and you lose faith in a manager and you don't feel he treats you with adequate respect and other jobs were available I'm sure you'd look at changing jobs or would speak to company boss to sort it out, why is this any different?

No I wouldnt. I've worked for bosses I dont like and would never dream of giving my employers a "him or me" ultimatum.

I've never left a job because I dont get on with a boss but would do so before shit stirring.

Well I'd look for an easy work life and I'd call my gaffer out before I moved. I'd thrash out with him and then take above him if I couldn't sort it.

Mancini isn't as big a loss and many of you believe, we did well under him but this season we haven't. In time you will come round, I promise.

You keep trying to turn this into a Mancini debate when it is actually about what we as a club tolerate from players.

Mancini is gone and that is the prerogative of the decision makers of the club. What happens to any shit stirrers is a totally different issue.

Prestwich_Blue said:
levets said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Again, that's slanderous. Do you want to withdraw it?

why is it slanderous
Because someone suggested that I was being briefed by someone at the club as to what to post on here. That's completely false and damaging to my reputation. Hence it's potentially slanderous. I'd also like to say that this poster has be pm'ing me calling me out over calling another poster a rag, which I was wrong on and apologised for. So will he do the same thing?
If already pointed out, I apologize, but you won't get far saying this is slander. Libel perhaps, but it can't be slander.

MSP said:
Another thing that has struck me is the similarity between Mancini and Mourinho at their respective clubs. Both there 3 years (ish). Both won the league last year over their fiercest rivals. Both had a less than stellar title defence. Both ended up losing the cup final. Both had squad unrest. Both went to war with the hierarchy or at least were at odds with them. Spooky stuff.

When few of us were saying that these two are made from absolute same stuff few months ago, there was no kind of abuse that wasn't launched in our direction. And "Abu Dhabi wants class, not Mourinho" line was most popular one.

Thats nice. Not sure I care but thanks for sharing that your feelings were hurt.

Anyway they are very similar characters. Actually they are both very political animals. As is Benitez. Which is one of the reasons why none of them figure in our plans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-players-vincent-kompany-1897305?

Player power: Kompany, Hart and Silva threatened to quit Manchester City if Mancini didn't leave
18 May 2013 22:30
Italian's abrasive style upset several first team players (and pretty much everyone else) before the sack

Revolt: City players had enough of Mancini
PA
Roberto Mancini's reign at Manchester City was doomed when it became clear several star players would leave if the Italian wasn’t replaced.

There were fears at the Etihad that ­captain Vincent Kompany, goalkeeper Joe Hart and playmaker David Silva would all quit the club if Mancini had continued.

City are hoping Manuel Pellegrini can heal the wounds caused by the Italian’s confrontational management style, with the Chilean expected to sign a two-year deal next month.

Pellegrini will inherit a squad packed with talent and with morale already ­improving, even though Mancini’s departure was only confirmed six days ago.

City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain, were ­compelled to act.

Hart met club officials to voice his anger at the way he was being treated by ­Mancini and indicated he was ready to quit.

He was disappointed at being lambasted by his manager for honest observations made after the Champions League defeat at Real Madrid last September.

Writing on the wall: Mancini's fate was already decided
Getty

And there was a stream of sniping from Mancini, despite Hart keeping the most clean sheets in Premier League this term.

Kompany, the Belgian defender who has been an inspirational leader, had also ­become ­estranged from his manager to the point where he was also questioning his future.

And he was furious when he was blasted for playing for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier on his return from injury.

Even mild-mannered Silva made it clear that playing under Mancini had become unbearable.

All three players have committed themselves to long-term contacts and are regarded as jewels in the crown by the club’s Abu Dhabi-based owners.

City will finish runners-up in the Premier League, while last week’s FA Cup Final defeat by Wigan came with the axe ready to fall on Mancini.

While the 48-year-old failed to meet targets on the field, it was the divisive nature of his management style that played the biggest part in his demise – less than 12 months after he was rewarded for winning the title with a five-year deal.

Other players also failed to respond to Mancini’s abrasive approach.

Samir Nasri was accused of not giving 100 per cent, while Micah Richards also incurred Mancini’s wrath when he ­returned from six months out after knee surgery with a below-par display against Wigan.

Chile out: City hope Pellegrini can provide a calming influence
Denis Doyle

Even Mancini’s treatment of Tevez was questioned, some club officials wondering whether the Italian was unwilling to ­forgive the row which saw the Argentine go AWOL for six months last season.

His over-indulgence of Mario Balotelli was seen as a weakness, until the striker was shipped out to Milan in a £20million January deal.

And Nigel de Jong was rapidly despatched to Milan last summer because Mancini felt he had too much influence amongst his team-mates.

Mancini failed to speak to his players after defeats at Southampton and ­Everton undermined his chances of retaining the title, preferring both times to head to the airport for flights back to Italy.

He didn’t even address his devastated team after last week’s shock Wembley defeat by Wigan.

By then, his fate had been decided. His future was not even discussed during a five-hour board meeting on Cup final day.

And he had known for months he was fighting for his future, even making a ­secret trip to Abu Dhabi in a bid to convince ­Khaldoon to stand by him – to no avail.

Many City players have Twitter accounts. But as one dressing room insider observed, there has not been a single message of ­support for Mancini since his sacking.

Meanwhile, Paolo Di Canio has branded Manchester City players 'piranhas' for not backing Mancini.

dont know what to make of this, very sad if true

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
BobKowalski said:
Ah another round of 'revelations' and it seems our Nige wasn't kicking up a fuss over not getting parity with other top earners when he declined to sign the new contract that was offered. All the speculation in the press and on here and the involvement of Kia was for naught. It was Mancini all along who bundled him out the door in the dead of the night for a bigger contract in Milan. The swine.

Anyway its going to be an interesting read when someone finally prints the story of the Mancini era at City. I would be intrigued to know when Mancini figured his time was up and what that 'mystery trip to Abu Dhabi a while back was all about and a host of other titbits.

It was more about mourinho going to war with the top brass at clubs he's been at nip
Can you honestly ever see mourinho at city,it would be fucking chaos...

What fucking annoys me is this myth he's always left clubs in devastation. No he fucking hasn't! He left Porto no problems, he left Chelsea with a great squad and he left Inter with a pat on the back and compo package for them! Only Real Madrid has been sour and he has directly matched us here in trophies but also done well in Europe.

Anyway, separate debate.

I think Jose would win us the league next year no problems. I also think Chelsea are team of next year I rate him so highly. As for chaos at the club, as I said, there's not been chaos at any club other than Real Madrid, him wanting the pair of cunts that are Raul and Guti gone was for power in the dressing room and that started matters, him not liking Barca and creating a war with them was his failings and the resident Spaniards have gone against his stance (fair dues really although Casillas is a prize ****). Jose is out for himself and that's his downfall, he would raise some eyebrows but he wouldn't bring the club to it's knees, that's a pessimistic outlook to be honest. If he goes top Chelsea and does well then hopefully he will silence doubters (although I wish him zero success).

BobKowalski said:
MSP said:

When few of us were saying that these two are made from absolute same stuff few months ago, there was no kind of abuse that wasn't launched in our direction. And "Abu Dhabi wants class, not Mourinho" line was most popular one.

Thats nice. Not sure I care but thanks for sharing that your feelings were hurt.

Anyway they are very similar characters. Actually they are both very political animals. As is Benitez. Which is one of the reasons why none of them figure in our plans.

I'm very touched with your kind words, that's exactly what I needed in these hard moments. It's not important if you care, it's important I have someone like you to listen :)

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
BobKowalski said:

-- Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 am --

moomba said:
No I wouldnt. I've worked for bosses I dont like and would never dream of giving my employers a "him or me" ultimatum.

I've never left a job because I dont get on with a boss but would do so before shit stirring.

Well I'd look for an easy work life and I'd call my gaffer out before I moved. I'd thrash out with him and then take above him if I couldn't sort it.

Mancini isn't as big a loss and many of you believe, we did well under him but this season we haven't. In time you will come round, I promise.

You keep trying to turn this into a Mancini debate when it is actually about what we as a club tolerate from players.

Mancini is gone and that is the prerogative of the decision makers of the club. What happens to any shit stirrers is a totally different issue.

I'm not trying to make it about Mancini, I point out that they have good reason for wanting him gone and had every right to say him or me if the recent reports are correct!

It's kind of hard to not talk about Mancini when he is the subject matter for the players unhappiness! Fact of matter is as I've said all along, it was no coincidence that many players lost form at the same time. He pushed them wrongly and they snapped, he lost them, they lost faith in him with man management and criticism, and on field strategies and tactics. That's why they said him or me. Some simply felt a change was needed, either the club change manager or they move to a club where they will get treated better and do better. No hard to understand.

mancityscot said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-players-vincent-kompany-1897305?

Player power: Kompany, Hart and Silva threatened to quit Manchester City if Mancini didn't leave
18 May 2013 22:30
Italian's abrasive style upset several first team players (and pretty much everyone else) before the sack

Revolt: City players had enough of Mancini
PA
Roberto Mancini's reign at Manchester City was doomed when it became clear several star players would leave if the Italian wasn’t replaced.

There were fears at the Etihad that ­captain Vincent Kompany, goalkeeper Joe Hart and playmaker David Silva would all quit the club if Mancini had continued.

City are hoping Manuel Pellegrini can heal the wounds caused by the Italian’s confrontational management style, with the Chilean expected to sign a two-year deal next month.

Pellegrini will inherit a squad packed with talent and with morale already ­improving, even though Mancini’s departure was only confirmed six days ago.

City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain, were ­compelled to act.

Hart met club officials to voice his anger at the way he was being treated by ­Mancini and indicated he was ready to quit.

He was disappointed at being lambasted by his manager for honest observations made after the Champions League defeat at Real Madrid last September.

Writing on the wall: Mancini's fate was already decided
Getty

And there was a stream of sniping from Mancini, despite Hart keeping the most clean sheets in Premier League this term.

Kompany, the Belgian defender who has been an inspirational leader, had also ­become ­estranged from his manager to the point where he was also questioning his future.

And he was furious when he was blasted for playing for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier on his return from injury.

Even mild-mannered Silva made it clear that playing under Mancini had become unbearable.

All three players have committed themselves to long-term contacts and are regarded as jewels in the crown by the club’s Abu Dhabi-based owners.

City will finish runners-up in the Premier League, while last week’s FA Cup Final defeat by Wigan came with the axe ready to fall on Mancini.

While the 48-year-old failed to meet targets on the field, it was the divisive nature of his management style that played the biggest part in his demise – less than 12 months after he was rewarded for winning the title with a five-year deal.

Other players also failed to respond to Mancini’s abrasive approach.

Samir Nasri was accused of not giving 100 per cent, while Micah Richards also incurred Mancini’s wrath when he ­returned from six months out after knee surgery with a below-par display against Wigan.

Chile out: City hope Pellegrini can provide a calming influence
Denis Doyle

Even Mancini’s treatment of Tevez was questioned, some club officials wondering whether the Italian was unwilling to ­forgive the row which saw the Argentine go AWOL for six months last season.

His over-indulgence of Mario Balotelli was seen as a weakness, until the striker was shipped out to Milan in a £20million January deal.

And Nigel de Jong was rapidly despatched to Milan last summer because Mancini felt he had too much influence amongst his team-mates.

Mancini failed to speak to his players after defeats at Southampton and ­Everton undermined his chances of retaining the title, preferring both times to head to the airport for flights back to Italy.

He didn’t even address his devastated team after last week’s shock Wembley defeat by Wigan.

By then, his fate had been decided. His future was not even discussed during a five-hour board meeting on Cup final day.

And he had known for months he was fighting for his future, even making a ­secret trip to Abu Dhabi in a bid to convince ­Khaldoon to stand by him – to no avail.

Many City players have Twitter accounts. But as one dressing room insider observed, there has not been a single message of ­support for Mancini since his sacking.

Meanwhile, Paolo Di Canio has branded Manchester City players 'piranhas' for not backing Mancini.

dont know what to make of this, very sad if true

If this is true then we made the right decision .......Mancini does come across as very abrasive ........ but maybe thats what makes him successful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.