Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

pieface said:
looks a good two year olds race saturday...power and daddy longlegs entered,saying that though had no luck with obrien lately.
niall are you running a tipster comp?

Ye i am mate for thursday, friday and saturday at Donny.

I usually PM this to a select few but i'll stick it on here.

My horse, Captain Kolo runs tomorrow at Carlisle in the 4.30.

As some of you know, he's been frustrating and expensive to follow and hasnt lived up to the promise as a 2yo.

This ownership game is all about trial and error and every race is a learning curve until you find something that clicks. We've tried Kolo at 5f and 6f and he seems to have better form over 6f this year but he still isnt performing to the standard he does at home. We're stepping him up to 7f tomorrow, just short of. I told a few of you not to back him until I told you to. I wouldnt say im tipping him, but I will say is IF 7f is the answer, he should win tomorrow. He has a good draw, ground should suit goes well for Kelly Harrison and it looks a winable race.

His last run over 6f he came 2nd, was a little outpaced with 2f left and then stayed on in the last furlong and the winner looked in trouble but Kolo couldnt get there. Another furlong may well be the answer.

That said, its just as possible its too far and he needs dropping back to 6 and he runs out of steam with a furlong left.

No idea what price he will be, but if theres value in the odds, its worth a cheeky bet, just in case. I wouldnt back him at a short price.

Well Counsel opened up at 3s and drifted to 15/2 so the writing was on the wall before the race. He ran a decent race but would want softer ground and a step up in trip, plus Mullen is a shit jockey so that didnt help.

Cheers for that Mark. I see the Sportinglife tip it to win also.

<a class="postlink" href="http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,457339,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecard ... 39,00.html</a>

markbmcfc said:

As some of you know, he's been frustrating and expensive to follow and hasnt lived up to the promise as a 2yo.

This ownership game is all about trial and error and every race is a learning curve until you find something that clicks. We've tried Kolo at 5f and 6f and he seems to have better form over 6f this year but he still isnt performing to the standard he does at home. We're stepping him up to 7f tomorrow, just short of. I told a few of you not to back him until I told you to. I wouldnt say im tipping him, but I will say is IF 7f is the answer, he should win tomorrow. He has a good draw, ground should suit goes well for Kelly Harrison and it looks a winable race.

His last run over 6f he came 2nd, was a little outpaced with 2f left and then stayed on in the last furlong and the winner looked in trouble but Kolo couldnt get there. Another furlong may well be the answer.

That said, its just as possible its too far and he needs dropping back to 6 and he runs out of steam with a furlong left.

No idea what price he will be, but if theres value in the odds, its worth a cheeky bet, just in case. I wouldnt back him at a short price.

A tough uphill finish at Carlisle last 4f pretty much all uphill making it more like a 7 1/2 furlong race, also it is absolutely teaming it down and if that carries on for the rest of the day it will be heavy ground (already soft).

I see your horse was 2nd on heavy last time out, so maybe that will be good for you mate.

markbmcfc said:

What the lowest odds you would back him?

Just had a look at the field, you might have bumped into one on upward curve, Watts up son has been rated 79 and dropped right down before having a couple of good runs the apprentice (Hart) effectively puts it at 56 after taking his 7 claim off. Hart has had 6 rides in the last two weeks - 2 wins 2 seconds and a 3rd. Reverse Forecast?

Nice win for frankie/Ihsas blew the start but brought it out wide and never looked in any trouble, wish i'd put more than 20 on now lol

cheers niall,..also theirs a free 4 day tipster comp on "At the races"
£500 for the winner........per day i think and saturdays comp is a grand...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.