Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

thanks guys, so tis true he is going up against the big boys,older and well when i say lump im only talking about a ton on him eek......it will be a great race though like you say hopefully :)

markbmcfc said:
Frankel has his weaknesses, he doesnt look an unbeatable horse to me, and whilst he has beaten some top horses, he hasnt faced the likes of Goldikova or Canford Cliffs yet.

It will be a very tactical race, Frankel tends to put his head in the air when he's out in front and that could play into the hands of Canford Cliffs who has a superb turn of foot off a strong pace.

If you look at the tactics Cecil has given Queally for Frankel in recent races, he's basically asked him to run the race out of his competition and be too far ahead to peg back. Canford Cliffs will relish that and I think Frankel is vulnerable.

Personally, I see it as a race to savour and enjoy the spectacle rather than a betting prospect. I certainly wouldnt lump on either of them unless their prices were huge.
I agree,i think it would only be soft ground that would prevent canford from winning this, otherwise i think it would be a smooth 6th group 1 on the spin & with odds of 5/4 thats pretty good value.

welcometomanchester said:
am i the only one who thinks Zoffany stands a real chance?

Zoffany is a great bet last time out if the race was a bit longer Zoffany would of beaten Frankel. Depends on who is on Zoffany also O Brien depending on who he sends over for this race his mile plus horses are brilliant and he has so many different options to use. He is cleaning up in the group races. If Frankel moves up in distance he wont have the ability. I think Frankel is a 6 to 7 furlong horse and they are pushing the mile with him he has blown up in his 2 races at the end but just had done enough to win the races. Not as good as what some people make him out to be.

leighton said:

Zoffany is a great bet last time out if the race was a bit longer Zoffany would of beaten Frankel. Depends on who is on Zoffany also O Brien depending on who he sends over for this race his mile plus horses are brilliant and he has so many different options to use. He is cleaning up in the group races. If Frankel moves up in distance he wont have the ability. I think Frankel is a 6 to 7 furlong horse and they are pushing the mile with him he has blown up in his 2 races at the end but just had done enough to win the races. Not as good as what some people make him out to be.
Frankel is a miler as cecil has said numerous times and will not be dropped in distance,if you think he blew up in the guiness i would take another look at the race which he slaughtered a field in a classic by a very very wide margin...

The cookie monster said:
leighton said:

Frankel is a miler as cecil has said numerous times and will not be dropped in distance,if you think he blew up in the guiness i would take another look at the race which he slaughtered a field in a classic by a very very wide margin...

The guiness was a joke the field let him go and never got into it. His last race he blew up and if it was longer Zoffany would of beat him. He hasnt improved from his Guiness run while the rest have closed the gap on him.

leighton said:
The cookie monster said:
leighton said:

The guiness was a joke the field let him go and never got into it. His last race he blew up and if it was longer Zoffany would of beat him. He hasnt improved from his Guiness run while the rest have closed the gap on him.
One of the best performances in over 200 years of a guiness,he took it up way to early last time out but still won a group 1, zoffany couldnt beat him over a mile & never will.....He is a very good horse but will come a cropper against the canford.

The cookie monster said:
leighton said:
The cookie monster said:

One of the best performances in over 200 years of a guiness,he took it up way to early last time out but still won a group 1, zoffany couldnt beat him over a mile & never will.....He is a very good horse but will come a cropper against the canford.

All the money will be on Frankel and Canford but the smart money will be on Zoffany in the Sussex ;@).

How Dick Turpin is 14/1 i dont know. If the grounds quick then he wont run but if theres juice in the ground then i'll be on at that price. Hes similar to Canford in that he travels very well and has got a top cruising speed. He has more stamina than all the others so if its made into a testing 1m then he should be right there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.