Damned united

mackenzie said:
mat said:
I know some of it was made for dramatic purposes but fuck me i hate lids even more now.

Was that the first time you have seen it mat?

Yes. I'd been meaning to watch it for a while.

Totally love the film.
Weird in that it made a Scot (i.e. me) hate Bremner even more than i already did.

MCFC-OKAY said:
Mourinho must have studied Brian Clough.

But seriously great film and best english manager ever.

Possibly, but Clough would have self combusted if he was England Manager. He was far too prickly to withstand the public and press interest.

He may have won us a World Cup now, but then we were really shite.

mackenzie said:
MCFC-OKAY said:
Mourinho must have studied Brian Clough.

But seriously great film and best english manager ever.

Possibly, but Clough would have self combusted if he was England Manager. He was far too prickly to withstand the public and press interest.

Disagree. Then you were good. Now you are really shite.

G*Funk said:
mackenzie said:

Nah, in the middle to late seventies the National team were crapper. ;-)

G*Funk said:
mackenzie said:

England didn't even qualify for the 74 or 78 World Cups.

Saw it for the first time tonight, obviously I'm too young to know anything about it, but reading around and stuff you get an idea. Although there are a few inaccuracies.

Loved it though.

But, were Don Revies' Leeds team really as bad as the film made out and was Bremner really that much a cock end? Also, do people still, in a way, resent Revie in the way Clough did?

It's a decent account of what happened. The appointment of Revie to the England job was obviously a mistake and the overlooking of Clough at a latter stage was a mistake also. Joe Mercer came out of it looking good though.Although i may be mistaken as only knowing anything about Manchester City after Robinho signed, so i'm told.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.