Dangerous Dogs

Just had a quick look. The first Bully XL death in the UK was November 2021. Since then, there have been 18 deaths caused by dogs. 10 of them have been XL Bullies, several unconfirmed breed, and one was thought to be a pitbull cross. They represent a few thousand of 13 million dogs in the UK, but over half of all dog-related deaths. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though.
Wow.

The solution is to ban all dogs as pets.

Only allow working dogs and guide dogs. Search dogs for Mountain Rescue, hunting dogs etc need to demonstrate a level of proficiency in their field or are removed and destroyed. Support dogs for the blind / disabled can only be sourced from registered companies and the needs of the recipient assesssed before permission i granted.

The solution is to ban all dogs as pets.

Only allow working dogs and guide dogs. Search dogs for Mountain Rescue, hunting dogs etc need to demonstrate a level of proficiency in their field or are removed and destroyed. Support dogs for the blind / disabled can only be sourced from registered companies and the needs of the recipient assesssed before permission i granted.
Don't be stupid,or are you pissed.Do we put all the pet dogs down ?

Well maybe, but it's a matter of acceptable risk, isn't it? Plenty of things in your house could potentially kill a child. I don't think a small dog is a particularly high risk.

Point of pedantry but Cockers are medium sized.

Of course it's not as high risk as Pitbull or it's XL bastards but there are more prone to neurological conditions that cause sudden and unprovoked viciousness.

Have you seen the data on dog related deaths and injuries? News flash, 75% of them are these pitbull type dogs.

I'm not disputing that. But Cockers can still be aggressive and cause damage. I wouldn't leave any small child unsupervised with any dog. Younger children are more likely to treat animals like toys and unknowingly provoke dogs with rough play and have been shown to mistake a dog bearing teeth for smiling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.