Dangerous Dogs

residents of estates have always had a way of managing their own communities and when there is a perceived risk to children that is multiplied. People will eventually start to kick off about this and eventually it will be seen as not possible to live a peaceful life if you own one of these things. I dont see any fantasy in that

Lived in Gorton, Little Hulton and Wythy all what you are saying is a myth. It isn't the 70s anymore. The people dealing on the estates are the ones with the dogs they speed down the roads in RS6s they don't give a shit about kids.

We all know it's the pathetic, inbread owners that have out of control dogs but we really need to address the situation sooner rather than later. Dogs trust and the RSPCA have been pleading with the government for years to get all dogs chipped, stop illegal breading, have a dog licence and to be vetted before owning a dog. It might not solve every situation but it certainly would be a start. At the end of the day the people in power don't live on dangerous estates with feral kids and parents that can't look after a goldfish.

All dogs are potentially dangerous, the easiest solution would be to pass a law that all dogs, when out in the public domain, must be muzzled. Break the law and the dog is destroyed- harsh I know but it would solve the problem.
Nah, you don't hear any stories of people being mauled to death by a poodle, a spaniel or a Labrador etc...

Every dog breed has been created by humans. They all retain the instincts of that breed design. These pit bull types are bred to fight bulls. Bred to bite into a much larger animal, and bring it down, even while being kicked and stamped on, they will not let go. They will fight to the death.

Now read back over that last paragraph and imagine your kids playing in the park and some 10 stone scallywag, strutting by with an XL bully that could over power him in a nano second. It's not even his dog, he's minding it for his mates sisters boyfriend. Yet here we are.

I think the only way to go with this is dog licenses for anyone with a dog. And a ban on dangerous breeds that kill people. If the licenses doesn't put them off, then jailtime or big fines for having a banned dog should deter them.

If there's one thing that any dog owner knows, is that you have to go outside with them. They have to walk/run/piss and shit. If you are seen outside with a banned dog, they'll catch you.

Not as quickly but a cocker could definitely kill a six year old. Particularly if it had a neurological condition like Cocker rage and snapped without warning.
Well maybe, but it's a matter of acceptable risk, isn't it? Plenty of things in your house could potentially kill a child. I don't think a small dog is a particularly high risk.

Just had a quick look. The first Bully XL death in the UK was November 2021. Since then, there have been 18 deaths caused by dogs. 10 of them have been XL Bullies, several unconfirmed breed, and one was thought to be a pitbull cross. They represent a few thousand of 13 million dogs in the UK, but over half of all dog-related deaths. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though.

My grandson was bitten on the wrist by a Cocker Spaniel when he was 6 - he’s 8 now and still frightened of dogs. As I said all dogs are dangerous.

And I got quite badly attacked when I was 8 on the beach by a rough collie, similar to Lassy the dog. I was standing next to the water and out of nowhere it had lunged up onto my arm and was trying to pull me to the ground. Fortunatley, they aren't that strong and my dad manage to kick the fucker off and get me safe.

Had that been one of these pitbull type dogs, I have no reason to doubt I would have been totally fucked.

Not as quickly but a cocker could definitely kill a six year old. Particularly if it had a neurological condition like Cocker rage and snapped without warning.

Have you seen the data on dog related deaths and injuries? News flash, 75% of them are these pitbull type dogs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.