Dangerous Dogs

Technically XL Bully breeders already fall within the scope of existing legislation. If you are selling a dog for two or three thousand pounds, in almost instances it's a commercial activity.

It would have to be expensive to pay for the enforcement i.e. extra staff, if you collect the tax as an extra levy or duty, you'll still need extra enforcement officers.

Who currently enforces the existing legislation?

Local authorities, but half-heartedly. It's all pie in the sky unless there is extra resources which we both know won't be allocated.

Hopefully the XL Bullies Will soon be a footnote in history.
I am sure it will be, but that will be despite the government and its populist shite without practical controls.

Another one. I could be wrong but reading between the lines it sounds like the bloke arrested on suspicion of murder might have the set the dog on the victim:

Yep, can't blame the dogs in that instance. Although you can blame the law (or its enforcement) for allowing people access to dogs capable of doing this. Obviously the main person to blame is the murdering **** (allegedly).

Now they have an even worse reputation than they had before, you can only imagine that they are going to get used even more as a weapon. What a sad world we live in.

why would I own a rotti, I have kids. It's like the US gun argument, sure you can hold a gun if you want but why would you want an AK47 assault rifle?
It's a huge myth that Rottweilers are a dangerous dog to have around kids. They're literally recommended as a family pet by both the UK and US Kennel Clubs. I've never owned one myself but the ones I've come across when walking our Springer couldn't be any more laid back and gentle if they tried:

"Many myths surround Rottweilers as a breed. One of the most common is that Rottweilers are a naturally aggressive and dangerous breed. However, research shows Chihuahuas are naturally more aggressive.

Rottweilers are safe, loyal dogs, and well-behaved when properly trained. The American Kennel Club rates them as highly affectionate and playful. The owner should focus on proper training and mental stimulation to ensure that a Rottweiler dog thrives in a family home. Rottweilers are eager to please and thrive with plenty of mental stimulation. This lets the dog know what is expected of them and helps them stay happy and healthy."

It's a huge myth that Rottweilers are a dangerous dog to have around kids. They're literally recommended as a family pet by both the UK and US Kennel Clubs. I've never owned one myself but the ones I've come across when walking our Springer couldn't be any more laid back and gentle if they tried:

"Many myths surround Rottweilers as a breed. One of the most common is that Rottweilers are a naturally aggressive and dangerous breed. However, research shows Chihuahuas are naturally more aggressive.

Rottweilers are safe, loyal dogs, and well-behaved when properly trained. The American Kennel Club rates them as highly affectionate and playful. The owner should focus on proper training and mental stimulation to ensure that a Rottweiler dog thrives in a family home. Rottweilers are eager to please and thrive with plenty of mental stimulation. This lets the dog know what is expected of them and helps them stay happy and healthy."

My grandparents had a German Shepherd dog when I was born (1960s). They eventually found him another home. Nero (the dog) was always under control, but he was big and very strong.

They hated having to say goodbye to him, but they thought it sensible when I came on the scene.

I owned German Sheps later in life, and found them to be a very gentle breed. Lovely dogs, probably my favourite breed.

However, back in the early 1980s I remember a baby dying in Bury after an attack by a German Shep.

As far as babies/children are concerned I think you always have to be careful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.