Dangerous Dogs

It's a huge myth that Rottweilers are a dangerous dog to have around kids. They're literally recommended as a family pet by both the UK and US Kennel Clubs. I've never owned one myself but the ones I've come across when walking our Springer couldn't be any more laid back and gentle if they tried:

"Many myths surround Rottweilers as a breed. One of the most common is that Rottweilers are a naturally aggressive and dangerous breed. However, research shows Chihuahuas are naturally more aggressive.

Rottweilers are safe, loyal dogs, and well-behaved when properly trained. The American Kennel Club rates them as highly affectionate and playful. The owner should focus on proper training and mental stimulation to ensure that a Rottweiler dog thrives in a family home. Rottweilers are eager to please and thrive with plenty of mental stimulation. This lets the dog know what is expected of them and helps them stay happy and healthy."
Thanks for posting.

Patterdale. Six years old now and finally calmed down. Belting dog but hard work in his younger days
Ah I’ve heard of them but don’t know much of them. I got blasted the other week for my mates pooch, a very mild mannered Staffie. She was on lead, as I never let my dogs off, and some silly woman told me the dog was a baby killer and should be destroyed.

A quick laugh in her face and an ask to explain her reasoning for berating me and the dog saw he shift off. The media doesn’t help.

I remain in the camp of, there are no bad dogs just bad owners. I DO think some breeds you should have to have a licence or something similar to prove you know how to handle/care for them. This XL Bully malarkey, I’ve owned dogs all my life, some big and some small, I wouldn’t know how to handle such a big dog, but then I also wouldn’t be sure how to handle a Great Dane.

So proportionally far less fatalities than Saint Bernard which is another breed that is hardly renowned for being aggressive. Slightly less than a Great Dane, and slightly more than a Doberman (another unfairly maligned breed IMO). I’m not sure what your point is. They’re all big dogs on that list - which is exactly what you would expect on a list of the top dog breed fatalities - but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all aggressive dogs. If Rottweilers were as dangerous as you claim then there’s not a chance that they’d have such a ringing endorsement from the Kennel Club.

So proportionally far less fatalities than Saint Bernard which is another breed that is hardly renowned for being aggressive. Slightly less than a Great Dane, and slightly more than a Doberman (another unfairly maligned breed IMO). I’m not sure what your point is. They’re all big dogs on that list - which is exactly what you would expect on a list of the top dog breed fatalities - but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all aggressive dogs. If Rottweilers were as dangerous as you claim then there’s not a chance that they’d have such a ringing endorsement from the Kennel Club.
This is just fatalities the bites one is even worse. We'll come back to this post after the dick heads swap their XL for one on this list

Incredible use of statistics to make pitbulls seem less dangerous there. "Pitbull-type" used instead of pitbulls, for a start. And what is their definition of 'pitbull-type?' Well if you look elsewhere on their website, it includes staffies and American staffies along with American bullies and you can assume all of the cross-breeds are included in that, because they are in a lot of these population stats. Nowhere in their stats does it indicate what percentage of these 'pitbull type' dogs are actually American pitbulls (i.e. the exact breed that people have an issue with). They then include a disputed 12% population (followed by a 6% population below, showing that they know the 12% is full of shit) despite seemingly being able to find extremely accurate population figures (down to the nearest 0.01%) for every other breed on the list.

And yet despite this 'study' clearly being bullshit from a biased source, you see it referenced all over the internet as some sort of authority on the issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.