Dangerous Dogs

Ah I’ve heard of them but don’t know much of them. I got blasted the other week for my mates pooch, a very mild mannered Staffie. She was on lead, as I never let my dogs off, and some silly woman told me the dog was a baby killer and should be destroyed.

A quick laugh in her face and an ask to explain her reasoning for berating me and the dog saw he shift off. The media doesn’t help.

I remain in the camp of, there are no bad dogs just bad owners. I DO think some breeds you should have to have a licence or something similar to prove you know how to handle/care for them. This XL Bully malarkey, I’ve owned dogs all my life, some big and some small, I wouldn’t know how to handle such a big dog, but then I also wouldn’t be sure how to handle a Great Dane.
The working Pat' is bred to kill foxes. I wouldn't recommend them for an inexperienced dog owner as they have a lot of weird character traits.
Mine's from a litter of seven, 5 of which are working in the highlands. The runt became a pub dog and is a gentle little thing (fantastic ratter though).
Mine attacked my mates 2 american bulldogs at once when he was younger so he is never off the lead if other dogs around apart from his sister. In the wrong hands he could've easily become very aggressive but 6 years of caution and patient training have made him a brilliant family pet, fantastic guard dog and proper fanny magnet..

I'd be nervous if I saw someone like her trying to walk two dogs like that, she must weigh no more than 8 stone and seemingly has a high centre of gravity. No chance if those dogs decide to misbehave and every dog will do that at some point.
hahahahaha 'high centre of gravity'

I wonder how @Bill Walker stumbled across this story.....

I'd be nervous if I saw someone like her trying to walk two dogs like that, she must weigh no more than 8 stone and seemingly has a high centre of gravity. No chance if those dogs decide to misbehave and every dog will do that at some point.

I doubt those dogs were getting enough exercise either. If you have larger breds from a working heritage then they generally a lot of exercise to keep them chilled out and not irritable. Which suggests they were if the excessive barking reports were more than the exaggerations of miserable moaners.

Rotties were originally bred to tow carts so they need more than a short walk around the park.

Well that's my new go-to phrase for pointing out someone with a nice rack.

It's the morons who abuse and train the dogs that need banning
I have never owned a dog and have read this forum with interest..I think Franny makes a good point but realistically defining a moron is somewhat difficult.Equally if morons are stopped from such ownership I would imagine not many people would own one ,so a good argument, but not practical. I imagine some of these dogs are kept in very cramped conditions and perhaps not walked or exercised sufficiently and so become frustrated and snap.I went for a cycle ride and what I would define as a normal dog was on an extended lead and snapping at my ankles. Surely these leads are inappropriate as if they stretch to 10 metres I imagine legally OK, but if they are on a lead yet can still run away some distance the dog is not under control.Personally do get scared by cycling or walking close to some of these muscular dogs. Then some other bloke in the news today having his throat ripped out by one of these Bully dogs. To the average non dog owner, they can be terrifying.

I doubt those dogs were getting enough exercise either. If you have larger breds from a working heritage then they generally a lot of exercise to keep them chilled out and not irritable. Which suggests they were if the excessive barking reports were more than the exaggerations of miserable moaners.

Rotties were originally bred to tow carts so they need more than a short walk around the park.
That's much of the problem. People don't understand what their specific breed requires in terms of exercise and mental stimulation. Some dogs are happy lying at home all day, others need a tremendous amount of exercise and/or mental stimulation to keep them satisfied. If the dog's needs aren't met, then the dog often turns destructive.

No point getting a Bulldog or Neapolitan Mastiff if you want company on long runs and likewise getting a Red Setter/Dalmation etc if you just want to laze at home.

It's a shame that many owners don't do their research and end up with a dog that really doesn't suit their lifestyle at all.

It's a shame that many owners don't do their research and end up with a dog that really doesn't suit their lifestyle at all.
Youre only halfreet knares...theyve got the dog for them...you thinking thier dog may eat ya gets you thinking about them..its a narcs paradise. Cant remember whose quote it was but ' a narcissist will accidently kill you' is very on point.

Brian plummer bred a better type of xl bully bollox decades back...by recreating the extinct Alaunt ...crossing the greyhound ( the perfect breeding pool) into the mastiff. Nobody was eaten cause sighthound blood levels most types...they just never took off cause of lack of need.
Nowadays in this instagram age an alaunt would be deemed to be found wanting...hence folk have found the need to splash two lots of bull blood together..

Old adage in dog world " no good dog is a bad colour"

People in this thread quoting what the fucking kennel club have to say about dangerous dogs...wow...youd be better off asking mickey duff.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.