Dani Alves [Merged]

Re: Dani Alves

Andouble said:
alera said:
Alves = No. Great player but hes Brazilian, for that reason bound not to work out. Rather have Wiel or another similar Dutch / German player in that position. £45 million thats just insane Barca will do anything to rip us off so we pay for their signings of Fabragas and Torres.

I wouldn't discard an entire country of absolutely brilliant footballers for this small-minded reason.

But tbf, Brazilian footballers with any sort of attitude don't tend to do overly well in England.

Never rated alves very highly as a great right back , as a right winger yes as he has great delivery and is fast he is made to be a winger. If we got him i would worry bout him defensively I would much rather have phillip lahm he was impressive yesterday

According goal.com he just rejected barcelonas new contract, why should he do it? Goal.com just writting shit? or something is going on with new president of Barca?

walus91 said:
According goal.com he just rejected barcelonas new contract, why should he do it? Goal.com just writting shit? or something is going on with new president of Barca?

Maybe he's using our itnerest to get himself a better deal out of Barca

alera said:
I would. We have had 2 of their best players at city and look how that has worked out.

What else can we go on but what we have experienced ? Brilliant players but for a man, they seem to have very poor attitudes, cant stand the weather, country or culture.

Be crazy to sign anymore of them. I just cant take a top player like Toure or Alves seriously if they come from Barca to city simply for one final pay day. Shows a complete lack of Passion and a very poor attitude to the game IMO.

Not the sort of players I want at City sorry thats just my opinion !
How any well travelled person could not stand the English weather or culture is beyond me!

He is ridiculously fast and excellent going forward, having that from right back is always a bonus and would given Johnson another option when going forward too. He isn't the best defensively but his pace means he is very difficult to shake off. Would be a great signing but again, i think we would be being used for an improved contract at his current club.

The Fixer said:
Alves, 28, has been taking English lessons for the past 12 months.

Taken from a recent article.

Easy enough to believe Alves fancies a bumper pay cheque as prob his last big contract.

Feasible we could see him in blue and then Barca buy that Van Der Wiel as a replacement and add a few more quids to their kitty for Cesc.

Rammy Blue said:
The Fixer said:
Alves, 28, has been taking English lessons for the past 12 months.

Taken from a recent article.

Easy enough to believe Alves fancies a bumper pay cheque as prob his last big contract.

Feasible we could see him in blue and then Barca buy that Van Der Wiel as a replacement and add a few more quids to their kitty for Cesc.

Dead right Rammy, although as hombre said a huge pay rise could also be his main motive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.