Dani Alves [Merged]

Re: Dani Alves

Blue Elmo said:
maybe this is why robi has been trying to mend bridges , maybe he knws dani alves is on his way . Its possible and more than likely true tbh
I don't think Robbie was trying to mend bridges to be honest. He's never come out and said anything that's that bad. He's expressed his wishes to stay at Santos because he is happy and playing there which is fair enough. He's also stated that tracking back isn't his natural game. Other than that he hasn't really done much to burn any bridges down. His biggest crime was to go on loan to get first team football - something he wasn't going to get at City.

He hasn't come out and openly slagged us off and he certainly hasn't come out with any Bellamy style quotes like 'we'll never win anything with this clown in charge', nor has he attacked the manager and the club live on Soccer AM.

The interview that Robbie gave is probably one of many that we don't even hear about. We only ever hear something when it he says something that can be twisted to fit a headline with the aim of painting him into a money grabbing whore who only plays for himself. Something which the media have done ever since he rolled up at City.

ono said:
Blue Elmo said:
maybe this is why robi has been trying to mend bridges , maybe he knws dani alves is on his way . Its possible and more than likely true tbh
I don't think Robbie was trying to mend bridges to be honest. He's never come out and said anything that's that bad. He's expressed his wishes to stay at Santos because he is happy and playing there which is fair enough. He's also stated that tracking back isn't his natural game. Other than that he hasn't really done much to burn any bridges down. His biggest crime was to go on loan to get first team football - something he wasn't going to get at City.

He hasn't come out and openly slagged us off and he certainly hasn't come out with any Bellamy style quotes like 'we'll never win anything with this clown in charge', nor has he attacked the manager and the club live on Soccer AM.

The interview that Robbie gave is probably one of many that we don't even hear about. We only ever hear something when it he says something that can be twisted to fit a headline with the aim of painting him into a money grabbing whore who only plays for himself. Something which the media have done ever since he rolled up at City.

I see what you mean , not mend bridges as such but make sure he has something to at least go back to if he did come back . Just for the possibility that alves may come .

If Dani Alves decided to sign purely for the money I wouldn't mind, as long as he performs as well as he can for us then I'm happy.

C_T_I_D said:
Not being funny Fixer but what other incentive do we have to offer at the moment other than cold hard £££££?

whilst not being naive that the money is a motivator in any deal and yes we can offer more than most, some of us Manchester city fans are starting to sound like opposing fans thinking the money is the only grab to come to city why?????

should we not have the same belief as the owners and manager that next season we will be challenging for major honors league title,fa cup,league cup and the Europa cup.

is that not incentive enough? or do we all keep the small time mentality and believe in not believing?

ono said:
Blue Elmo said:

1000% This.

Great post mate.

Dani Alves rejects contract offer

City 'hovering', according to the Mail:

Dani Alves has rejected Barcelona's latest contract offer amid increasing interest from Manchester City.
The Catalans have tied most of their first-team stars and emerging talent to new deals in the last 12 months but have been unable to reach agreement with the Brazil right back.
City, mindful that Roberto Mancini's former right back Maicon would prefer to leave Inter Milan for Real Madrid, have lodged their interest in former Sevilla star Alves as they look to bring in some of the best players in the world.
Barca are aware of the interest and stepped up contacts with the 27-year-old's representatives, only to be told to improve the offer on a two-year extension on his current deal, which expires in 2012.
Alves is reluctant to become personally embroiled in negotiations during the World Cup, but has also previously welcomed links to Chelsea.
Barca don't want to sell a player they paid £36million for in in 2008, but City have the cash reserves to launch a tempting offer for a player whose value would be much reduced in 12 months if no contract agreement can be reached.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1286742/Manchester-City-hover-Dani-Alves-rejects-Barcelonas-latest-contract.html#ixzz0qyP40PaW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0qyP40PaW</a>

Re: Dani Alves rejects contract offer

Not going to happen. If he dons a City shirt, I'll gladly post that I was wrong, but otherwise, keep dreaming.

Re: Dani Alves rejects contract offer

don't think he'll come here, be great if he did, just sounds like he's playing barca off against us holding out for as much of a pay rise as he can squeeze out of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.