Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say dipped. I would say not used to the fast pace of our league. I wouldn't like to go into our first game with him as our only proper right back. 2 world class-ish for every position. Not one old guy and an unproven youngster and Fernandinho on occasion.
Ideally have top class competition in every position, but I'd look at centre-back cover in case Kompany gets injured.

After strengthening the full back positions that would be my next priority

giphy.gif

I can see an Alves and Jesus dance off on Citytv from a mile a way. Plus celebrations just like this haha.

Absolutely, I hope he's brilliant.

But ultimately it still would've been a risk if he's first choice, just one that happened to pay off.

If I win a bet at 1000/1 then yeah I won, great. It was still a big fucking risk!

The betting analogy is perfect for the Alves situation.

You stick a fiver on a 1000/1 shot; it doesn't come in, no big deal and not something to lose sleep over, or you win and you're fucking ecstatic.

Alves is that fiver. We cannot lose signing him. The worst case scenario vs the reward of getting him (esp on a free) is stacked so heavily in our favour that we'd have to be run by fucking idiots to overlook getting him in, even at 34.

A fiver on a 1000/1 isn't a big risk, a grand on an even money shot is. Alves is the former.

Also, didn't Schweinsteiger cost the rags 10/12m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.