Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, age is not on his side, but to pass on an opportunity to sign arguably the best RB there has been in the last 10 years or so (maybe together with Lahm) when the opportunity arises is plain stupid imo.

A close friend is a big Juve supporter and watches every game, he has pin-pointed Alves as the single most important player during this successful year. If we were 'happyish with Navas at RB, why wouldn't we with Alves?
I don't think anyone has said they are not. But it would probably have to be Alves + ANO and that might make acquiring the ANO more difficult

We can have 2. But we don't know at the moment if we are after another. I think we would have to go for another full back as I can't see him playing CL and all the league games, but then is Walker going to come to City when he could stay at Spurs and be No 1? It is a signing which creates legitimate questions

Even if we didn't sign another fullback (which we almost certainly will) we would still rotate Alves, with Fernandinho or whoever. He would die, if he played every week over here.

He can also play anywhere on the right, so he could even play in front of Walker.

the amount of times we've been naive in europe past couple of years we've been crying out for a couple of experienced players like alves. played at the highest level for over a decade, world cup finals, champions league, played for the biggest clubs and knows whats expected to become successful. not the sort of player who will go hiding when the going gets tough and someone else vocal in defence apart from vinny is gonna be important for us. and he's still playing superbly. £5 million for all that quality even for two years will be a shrewd bit of business imo.

If the Alves rumours are true then I really hope it's only a one year deal and we promise Pablo Maffeo a squad place for the 18/19 season.

Alright, age is not on his side, but to pass on an opportunity to sign arguably the best RB there has been in the last 10 years or so (maybe together with Lahm) when the opportunity arises is plain stupid imo.

A close friend is a big Juve supporter and watches every game, he has pin-pointed Alves as the single most important player during this successful year. If we were 'happyish with Navas at RB, why wouldn't we with Alves?
So if he's still the old Dani Alves, presumably Juve will turn the bid down then? If yo're trying to follow City's transfer window it also raises questions about the Walker bid.

Seems strange to me. We let Zabba (32) and Sagna (34) leave for free to sign Alves (34) for £5m! Bloody stupid. Maicon was good too once, past it by the time we got him. What is it with us and full backs? Are we actually not as rich as we thought? £5m for a has been instead of paying what it takes to get Kyle Walker and Fabinho.

So we could be signing 3 fullbacks who have no experience of playing a Guardiola system. And we know that position is focal, to how the team play. And we are signing someone who gets it, who buys into it, and who was won everything there is to win doing it? Can't see many downsides here.

I'd be pissed off if it was 1978 and we only had 1 sub and everyone wore shirts 1-11. We're trying to win multiple trophies ffs.

Seems strange to me. We let Zabba (32) and Sagna (34) leave for free to sign Alves (34) for £5m! Bloody stupid. Maicon was good too once, past it by the time we got him. What is it with us and full backs? Are we actually not as rich as we thought? £5m for a has been instead of paying what it takes to get Kyle Walker and Fabinho.

Maicon was a player that relied a lot on his physical attributes, and once they went he went as a player at the top level.

Alves could play in midfield and look top class he is that good a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.