Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a poor acquisition. Quick to get forward and jogging back. Without a Dm of quality to cover.

Not sure where you get that from, that's not how Alves plays at all.

Again, watch the Monaco games and see how Mbappe tries, and fails, to power past him on the break on multiple occasions.

Barcelona get rid of him

They won the treble with him and the whole thing went to pieces when he left. Most Barca fans will tell you not having Alves was a major contributor to their struggles last season and almost all of them would have him back.

and maybe bellerin in this Summer.

lol fucking Bellerin. There's a completely uninspired signing if ever there was one. All pace, no technical prowess or positional awareness. Most fans of Blaugrana would rather Semedo.

Never can agree with signing 34 yr olds.

Why?

Here's a thought that does not seem beyond the realms of possibility. Pep obviously knows Alves well and Alves seemingly idolises Pep. Maybe , just maybe they spoke about all this before the start of last season. We were in no position to realistically sign him then with Zabba and Sagna on the books so Alves agrees to join Juventus for free on the proviso that if an offer comes in for him that he finds attractive he would be freed from his contract a year early. We all know that Pep gets involved in transfers and likes these little telephone conversations. Seems very plausible to me.
Are you saying Pep tapped him up?

They ain't city fans mate because if they were they would see the logic in it! Bet those who are against it have posts on bluemoon that in around about way say what a good signing that big Conk was at that scum.

Find one from me. And I really resent being accused of not being a cIty fan, just because I have the temerity to cast some doubt on a potential signing.

I've read the arguments, and fine it makes sense if we do indeed pair him with one of the mooted younger targets. I believe this is the case, so everything is rosy. No need for anything else.

Here's a thought that does not seem beyond the realms of possibility. Pep obviously knows Alves well and Alves seemingly idolises Pep. Maybe , just maybe they spoke about all this before the start of last season. We were in no position to realistically sign him then with Zabba and Sagna on the books so Alves agrees to join Juventus for free on the proviso that if an offer comes in for him that he finds attractive he would be freed from his contract a year early. We all know that Pep gets involved in transfers and likes these little telephone conversations. Seems very plausible to me.

Yep. That's how I can see it having unfolded too. Would've been almost impossible to bring him last summer with Sagna/Zaba staying. But already lined up for this summer. There was a story saying similar a few months back so it's not come completely out of nowhere either.

Yep. That's how I can see it having unfolded too. Would've been almost impossible to bring him last summer with Sagna/Zaba staying. But already lined up for this summer. There was a story saying similar a few months back so it's not come completely out of nowhere either.

I would like to think it is true as it shows very good planning and also demonstrates the power of the Pepster.

Didn't Graham Hunter mention him as a possibility to you a few month back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.