Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Alves rumours are true then I really hope it's only a one year deal and we promise Pablo Maffeo a squad place for the 18/19 season.
If the rumours are true it's for two years because that's what the rumour at least in the Guardian is.

Seems strange to me. We let Zabba (32) and Sagna (34) leave for free to sign Alves (34) for £5m! Bloody stupid. Maicon was good too once, past it by the time we got him. What is it with us and full backs? Are we actually not as rich as we thought? £5m for a has been instead of paying what it takes to get Kyle Walker and Fabinho.

Because Alves is still top class despite his age and is a perfect fit for Guardiola. Zabaleta and Sagna weren't and neither was ever as good as Alves.

It will have no bearing on signing Walker. We'll either sign him or not, depending on if we can reach agreement with Spurs.

Better late than never

We should have brought him in at the start of last season - he would have been perfect then

no, you`re in a universe where we replace one ageing over the hill, fullback with a old, but still world-class fullback. while we at the same time replace another ageing, over the hill fullback with a younger, brilliant fullback.

bizarre how people complain about this. worst case scenario we get a world class stop gap until we find the right man.
We will see an all time great in a City shirt next season, not far off his full potential. We used to have Danny Mills.

And for those of u screaming Maicon. He was already on a serious decline when he came here. Alves isnt

Fair point, although I would have assumed Barca might have tried harder to keep him if he was still world class as you say. I know he had a great Champions League, but the Premier League is a tough environment.

However, if the intention is to use him as a back up to a younger world class full back, and to replace him with someone younger next season (someone who we are unable to prise away from the club this season, but will be available next season), then I can just about understand it.

But it looks like I'm in a minority of one, so will hope and pray that he turns out to be a banging success for us.

Fair point, although I would have assumed Barca might have tried harder to keep him if he was still world class as you say. I know he had a great Champions League, but the Premier League is a tough environment.

However, if the intention is to use him as a back up to a younger world class full back, and to replace him with someone younger next season (someone who we are unable to prise away from the club this season, but will be available next season), then I can just about understand it.

But it looks like I'm in a minority of one, so will hope and pray that he turns out to be a banging success for us.

It would be a poor acquisition. Quick to get forward and jogging back. Without a Dm of quality to cover.

Barcelona get rid of him and maybe bellerin in this Summer. Never can agree with signing 34 yr olds.

So if he's still the old Dani Alves, presumably Juve will turn the bid down then? If yo're trying to follow City's transfer window it also raises questions about the Walker bid.

Here's a thought that does not seem beyond the realms of possibility. Pep obviously knows Alves well and Alves seemingly idolises Pep. Maybe , just maybe they spoke about all this before the start of last season. We were in no position to realistically sign him then with Zabba and Sagna on the books so Alves agrees to join Juventus for free on the proviso that if an offer comes in for him that he finds attractive he would be freed from his contract a year early. We all know that Pep gets involved in transfers and likes these little telephone conversations. Seems very plausible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.