Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be a back up for Walker. He is not going to play 50 games per season.

I suspect he isn't going to be back up. I don't think Guardiola wants any back ups, just a squad of equal quality that he can use according to the opposition and formation etc. They will both be starters, just that Walker will start some and Alves will start others.

There's a whole thread on this.

e38ca35fbf0199d2ab7bccb5226309b0.jpg

Not sure where you get that from, that's not how Alves plays at all.

Again, watch the Monaco games and see how Mbappe tries, and fails, to power past him on the break on multiple occasions.

They won the treble with him and the whole thing went to pieces when he left. Most Barca fans will tell you not having Alves was a major contributor to their struggles last season and almost all of them would have him back.

lol fucking Bellerin. There's a completely uninspired signing if ever there was one. All pace, no technical prowess or positional awareness. Most fans of Blaugrana would rather Semedo.

Why?

Good reasoned reply. I know united sign 34 yr olds after a last pay day, but do barca, Madrid , bayern. I.e. the teams we aspire to compete against sign 34yr olds.
I know if we play any of those in champions league and we have Toure and elves playing we will not be winning.

Find one from me. And I really resent being accused of not being a cIty fan, just because I have the temerity to cast some doubt on a potential signing.

I've read the arguments, and fine it makes sense if we do indeed pair him with one of the mooted younger targets. I believe this is the case, so everything is rosy. No need for anything else.

Last paragraph is spot one

Dani Alvez is still 1 of the best RB in world football, he was fucking fantastic last year for Juve especially in Champs league where he ripped it up.

I would say the guy at Madrid think it's Carvahal who is the best IMO appart from him then if we get Walker & Alvez we have 2 of the best Simple!!!

Good reasoned reply. I know united sign 34 yr olds after a last pay day, but do barca, Madrid , bayern. I.e. the teams we aspire to compete against sign 34yr olds.
I know if we play any of those in champions league and we have Toure and elves playing we will not be winning.

If it's Toure and 10 elves, then I agree that we would struggle. Especially at set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.