Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still one of the worlds very best fullbacks.

As fit as a butchers dog with incredible ability and a serial winner with invaluable experience - he also idolises Pep.

He'll sign a short term contract and probably finish his career here - What the fucks not to like?

I think the difference between us and the teams you mention is they are established Champions League winners. Like it or not they are a level ahead of us because of players like Alves. Unlike those teams we're not in a position to be able to say he has nothing of value to add, as much off as on pitch.

Yep. That's why I say aspire to be as good. I don't believe signing players not good enough for barca 2 years ago is the way forward.
As for his off the field value , I couldn't comment as I don't know his level of English skills or his character.

Thank you a NO then.

Bayern seem happy to let one of their younger wingers go and keep hold of the ageing Robben and Ribery. I assume that's because they see them as better players that suit their system more, regardless of age. I'm sure if Ronaldo leaves, Real wouldn't be short of suitors etc

Quite simply we need 2 players for RB. Guardiola will identify which players he thinks are best able to play the role he wants from them. I'm sure he'd prefer to sign a 24-year old version of Alves but presumably one isn't available, so he'll go for the next best thing until a younger, suitable player become available.

Alves is and always has been a couple of levels above Zabaleta and Sagna and so will considerably strengthen our squad if we do sign him.

Yep. That's why I say aspire to be as good. I don't believe signing players not good enough for barca 2 years ago is the way forward.
As for his off the field value , I couldn't comment as I don't know his level of English skills or his character.
Was good enough two years ago as he was playing for them and if he'd stayed he would have been first choice at barca last season too.

This must be a completely different Dani Alves than the one who said ahead of a Barcelona vs City match a couple of seasons ago that "Manchester City are a club with no history" or words to that effect.

Still one of the worlds very best fullbacks.

As fit as a butchers dog with incredible ability and a serial winner with invaluable experience - he also idolises Pep.

He'll sign a short term contract and probably finish his career here - What the fucks not to like?
He's our new Fat Frank and that worked out really well.

Good reasoned reply. I know united sign 34 yr olds after a last pay day, but do barca, Madrid , bayern. I.e. the teams we aspire to compete against sign 34yr olds.
I know if we play any of those in champions league and we have Toure and elves playing we will not be winning.
Juve got to the final with Alves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.