Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anyone can be surprised by Dani Alves boggles the mind. I was watching @twosips latest video on the transfer, highly recommended by the way, and the number of morons in the comments acting like Alves is another MDM was stunning.

It's like, OK, I haven't actually watched Dani Alves play but he just turned 34 so he must be slow, frail, defensively inept and offensively over the hill.
Meanwhile Juventus fans are in full on panic mode because they don't want to sell him at any cost. I've seen some who would sooner give us Bonucci (!)

Perfectly summed up. It's tiresome reading "right back? Brazilian? Over thirty? He must be exactly the same human being as that over thirty Brazilian right back we signed a few years ago."

He's our new Fat Frank and that worked out really well.
Frank was an inspired signing,he gave us a huge lift.He even left with an enormous soft spot for us,and neither has that done us any harm in the punditry world.

In regards Alves,i think his level is still someway higher than Franks was - he will be a fantastic addition.

This must be a completely different Dani Alves than the one who said ahead of a Barcelona vs City match a couple of seasons ago that "Manchester City are a club with no history" or words to that effect.

He said that before 2008 he didn't even know Manchester City was a club. Not so shocking at all.

Cheers man. Yeah it baffled me too. I think most of it is because we've not already got another RB in place. If we'd signed Walker already no one would have been arsed I don't think

Actually that is exactly how I feel - if we'd signed Walker I'd be happy getting Alves. I think Walker would be immense for us, hope we get it done soon.

Mendy could learn a hell of a lot too, even though he's on the other side.

People always say Alves is the kind of modern Fullback who doesn't defend, but if you actually watch him he's an absolute master at defending spaces through positioning the way that Pep loves to, and he's better than anyone else at coming into the midfield to create numerical advantage there when needed.

God I hope this happens.

For a few years, I watched Barca almost as much as City (obviously Barca was only on TV until they came to the Etihad) and I have seen a lot of Alves. I used to laugh at suggestions that he couldn't defend: he mostly certainly can. He was the best right back in the world until not long ago.

After the last set of games we played v Barca under Pellegrini, I said that Messi of course made a difference between the sides but we could pretty close the gap to the very best sides if we had Alves, Alba and Busquets. Alves now has age working against him but in conjunction with another younger top RB, he looks as those he would have plenty to offer us in the short-term.

We all know Pep wants rotation so with Alves and we presume Walker its a no brainer for me.

The vast amount of experience and the fact he is still world class even at the age of 34 what are people saying no for the mind boggles it really does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.