Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll surprise many with his fitness.

How anyone can be surprised by Dani Alves boggles the mind. I was watching @twosips latest video on the transfer, highly recommended by the way, and the number of morons in the comments acting like Alves is another MDM was stunning.

It's like, OK, I haven't actually watched Dani Alves play but he just turned 34 so he must be slow, frail, defensively inept and offensively over the hill.
Meanwhile Juventus fans are in full on panic mode because they don't want to sell him at any cost. I've seen some who would sooner give us Bonucci (!)

Good reasoned reply. I know united sign 34 yr olds after a last pay day, but do barca, Madrid , bayern. I.e. the teams we aspire to compete against sign 34yr olds.
I know if we play any of those in champions league and we have Toure and elves playing we will not be winning.

It's difficult to compare because there aren't many players of the quality of Alves available. Would Bayern have kept Lahm another season? You bet. How about Robben? He could play til he's 40. Ditto Messi and Fake Ronaldo. What about Iniesta? An unmovable force in the Barca starting XI.

All these players are elite, world class, the best of the best. Would Juve play Alves next season if he stayed? Almost certainly. He's one of the very, very best footballers in the sport and performances in the CL proved, if anything, he's getting better.

I know "trust in Pep" is overdone here, but there's so many good reasons to bring in Alves if we can that, honestly, we don't even need to rely on Guardiola's word alone (but if need

Good reasoned reply. I know united sign 34 yr olds after a last pay day, but do barca, Madrid , bayern. I.e. the teams we aspire to compete against sign 34yr olds.
I know if we play any of those in champions league and we have Toure and elves playing we will not be winning.
Give yourself a shake lad, we have signed some of the best kids in world football in the last 2 years with more to come Sane, Jesus, Ederson, Silva mix that up with the best experienced players who are playing at the top of there game Alvez, Sanchez, Yaya & we have the perfect match.

Sit back & watch the show..

s-l300.jpg
I don't see why it can't work.

Last edited:
Is alves after a new contract??? If we sign him does that mean going to a 3 at the back not sure how affective he would be in a flat back 4

Give yourself a shake lad, we have signed some of the best kids in world football in the last 2 years with more to come Sane, Jesus, Ederson, Silva mix that up with the best experienced players who are playing at the top of there game Alvez, Sanchez, Yaya & we have the perfect match.

Sit back & watch the show..

I think it is easy to confuse playing against Brighton and Burnley with playing against barca and bayern.

Toure and elves , possibly kolorov Would be the same outcome as usual.

I keep asking do bayern barca or Madrid sign 34 yr olds. I know he has been a brilliant player. I have watched him many times live. I know he is still fit but he is not nearly as good as he was 5 years ago.

How anyone can be surprised by Dani Alves boggles the mind. I was watching @twosips latest video on the transfer, highly recommended by the way, and the number of morons in the comments acting like Alves is another MDM was stunning.

Cheers man. Yeah it baffled me too. I think most of it is because we've not already got another RB in place. If we'd signed Walker already no one would have been arsed I don't think

I think the difference between us and the teams you mention is they are established Champions League winners. Like it or not they are a level ahead of us because of players like Alves. Unlike those teams we're not in a position to be able to say he has nothing of value to add, as much off as on pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.