Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near the player he once was but he'd be a decent squad addition

Obviously nowhere near the level he once was but will bring a certain mentality that is lacking within our squad. Hopefully he is the first of a quartet of fullbacks.

Barca wanted to keep this 34 year old.
Pep had Xabi Alonso at Bayern 33-34 years old. Carlo relies on Robben and Ribbery over Costa and Coman. Gnarby will have it tough as well.
Madrid continue to use Sergio Ramos and Pepe is just now leaving.

Thing is they don't got out and buy them because they already have them in the squad still contributing at the highest levels, most for their National Teams as well. Our 30+ years haven't been at this standard and that's why they're no longer here.

In the 70s 80s, we bought division 1 cast offs, the top teams then reinvested in young top talent. And stayed at the top. McMahon was signed for 1million as an example. We stayed as a yoyo team. I know as I managed to accrue 80 grounds at one time.
I believe and it is my opinion that an Elvis signing is similar. He played brilliantly for barca , top tier side. They got rid for a number of reasons, some political. Juve a second tier side signed him and he has played very well for two years. Now we as a third tier side may want him. My belief is that we should be looking beyond this. A young top class right back with an even younger deputy. If we want to become a top tier side 10 years after the takeover we should not be signing 34 year olds just as other top tier sides do not sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.