Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 70s 80s, we bought division 1 cast offs, the top teams then reinvested in young top talent. And stayed at the top. McMahon was signed for 1million as an example. We stayed as a yoyo team. I know as I managed to accrue 80 grounds at one time.
I believe and it is my opinion that an Elvis signing is similar. He played brilliantly for barca , top tier side. They got rid for a number of reasons, some political. Juve a second tier side signed him and he has played very well for two years. Now we as a third tier side may want him. My belief is that we should be looking beyond this. A young top class right back with an even younger deputy. If we want to become a top tier side 10 years after the takeover we should not be signing 34 year olds just as other top tier sides do not sign them.
Juve a "second tier team"? Wow, you've got high standards!

IMHO, at £5M, he would be the cheapest possible high quality RFB and an excellent mentor to whomever else we put there. Maybe, that could be Maffeo, if Alves can do the business in the big games, or maybe it will be Stones in a back three, or maybe even Fernadinho in a pinch? What I do know is that trying to buy 4 intl, high quality FBs (3 if you count Kolarov, who is still here!) is a tall order in this new PL TV deal era. Every club in the world wants their share of the PL TV revenues, and selling 1 top player to an English team can put them in the black for the year. Sometimes, we forget we are living the high life at the moment (Top 5 global revenue stream, with one of highest TV and other commercial revenues) and there are clubs (big name clubs!) operating in the red every year, unless they Part company with a few players and pocket some of those TV £££££!!

Personally, I would prefer Fabinho, a right midfielder who has also played there, as he is more Lahm-esque than anyone else I can think of. Alves is an aging distant second, as he showed in the CL Final. However, as a winning presence, someone who has worked with Pep before, and as an experienced mentor, it is hard to find someone better for the money.

Give me both Alves and Fabinho and the defensive right side of the field is nailed down shut!

There has been a lot of false stories going round and I think this is another can't see us signing a 34 year old
I can, cheap rotational right back, leaves an opportunity for Maffeo to join the squad after a season/2 in La Liga with Girona.

Alves
Walker
Mendy
Bertrand

Around £100-120m for the 4. Massive improvment on Clichy/Kolarov/Sagna/Zabaleta.

Juve a "second tier team"? Wow, you've got high standards!

IMHO, at £5M, he would be the cheapest possible high quality RFB and an excellent mentor to whomever else we put there. Maybe, that could be Maffeo, if Alves can do the business in the big games, or maybe it will be Stones in a back three, or maybe even Fernadinho in a pinch? What I do know is that trying to buy 4 intl, high quality FBs (3 if you count Kolarov, who is still here!) is a tall order in this new PL TV deal era. Every club in the world wants their share of the PL TV revenues, and selling 1 top player to an English team can put them in the black for the year. Sometimes, we forget we are living the high life at the moment (Top 5 global revenue stream, with one of highest TV and other commercial revenues) and there are clubs (big name clubs!) operating in the red every year, unless they Part company with a few players and pocket some of those TV £££££!!

Personally, I would prefer Fabinho, a right midfielder who has also played there, as he is more Lahm-esque than anyone else I can think of. Alves is an aging distant second, as he showed in the CL Final. However, as a winning presence, someone who has worked with Pep before, and as an experienced mentor, it is hard to find someone better for the money.

Give me both Alves and Fabinho and the defensive right side of the field is nailed down shut!

Fair enough , but we ain't gonna get fabinho so your argument would suck. If you still use that phrase.
I know you are a local really so it is a flippant reply mate.

His comments was really more about how the two clubs have operated in the modern years. Hence why he said we're a modern club thats been built on huge transfer fees (our modern success, that has made us looked upon worldwide as a elite club is down to our ambitions in the transfer market), while Barcas success in recent years is built on the ideas of one of the biggest names in football all the way from when he was a player there. Its a perfectly fine statement to make, and doesn't take anything away ftom our history. Even tho Alves says he didn't know who we were, he's never said anything that ignores the fact we had history prior to 2008.
Stupid thing to use as a stick to beat him with, especially since it came right before a game against us, and he was a Barca player at the time

Well, as I pointed out, I'm not using it as a stick to beat him with but he made a statement that I disagree with; no more, no less. You can dress it up how you want.

Fair enough , but we ain't gonna get fabinho so your argument would suck. If you still use that phrase.
There wasn't an "argument" in there, regardless of your desire to have one, merely an observation. Hope the rest of your day doesn't suck.

There wasn't an "argument" in there, regardless of your desire to have one, merely an observation. Hope the rest of your day doesn't suck.

Wasn't arguing so don't be rude. Fabinho is odds on to go to United. We are not signing this player so why put him on your wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.