Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca didn't get rid of him so you're already wrong there. He wanted to leave and he wanted to still play for a top tier side so he signed for Juve. No where in the footballing world are Juve some second tier side. Barca wanted to keep him and their defense clearly needed him on multiple occasions this season. I already gave you a list of top sides that continue to use aging players and Pep had no problem bringing in Xabi Alonso into his top side at Bayern. Juve had no problem signing ten 33 year old Dani Alves and winning the double then getting all the way to the Champions League final. We already have plenty of youth in our team now we need a bit of experience, winning experience and champions league experience all that Dani Alves can provide for cheap. Ajax just showed the world that you can't win the top prizes with a team full of youth, naive team and a naive manager got embarrassed by the rags in a "European final"

A European final without the top 32 teams in Europe , jog on.

Chicago wins
:-)

Who knew it was a competition, eh?! I mean, NO-ONE on here knows exactly who we are signing, or even trying to sign, so why all the belligerence?

Oh well, it's 25C, breezy, and I really couldn't give a rat's, but I appreciate your levity in shutting it down appropriately! :thumbsup:

A European final without the top 32 teams in Europe , jog on.
16 teams, not 32 ,as the eight below that 16 were in it, still doesnt mean Alves didnt make a champions league finalist better, and would have made Barcelona better too.just as he would make us better.

pointless signing , we have just got rid of three players over the age of 32/33 why invest in another one who is actually older and unproven in a tough 38 game premie rleague competition , the days of fading supersrtars coming for a last pay cheque are long gone , we have had Fowler , finger pointer , McMahon, Weah , Cole , Seaman , Schmeichel and a few others so we do not need a 34 year old Alves who has seen it all and done it all landing here on £250k a week. Leave the has beens to the Rags they can sign the big nose swede and ladyboy to increase there shirt sales , we need to get on with winning a few more trophies.
We also need a right back at his peak who can be rested for some cup games to give maffeo some experience , to show a path through to the 1st team for some of these youngsters and demonstrate there is a possibility of making it at City from our academy
I agree with 99% of what you have said, but what if we have to wait a year for the guy we really want to be out of contract, or simply can't get him? I would politely suggest £5M for a player of that quality and experience would be a positive stop-gap measure, and would slot into Pep's system without missing a beat. Maybe he would be the second fiddle to a Walker, with Maffeo getting his chances here and there, so that he can slide in more and more over the next two seasons?

I have zero invested in the ultimate decision, but when quality comes along at that price, I think it is always worth a look. Now, the price might be nonsense, and he might not have any intention of leaving Juve (and who would?), so it is all public masturbation, but, if not, him "cumming" (ba dum dum) here for a bit wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

pointless signing , we have just got rid of three players over the age of 32/33 why invest in another one who is actually older and unproven in a tough 38 game premie rleague competition , the days of fading supersrtars coming for a last pay cheque are long gone , we have had Fowler , finger pointer , McMahon, Weah , Cole , Seaman , Schmeichel and a few others so we do not need a 34 year old Alves who has seen it all and done it all landing here on £250k a week. Leave the has beens to the Rags they can sign the big nose swede and ladyboy to increase there shirt sales , we need to get on with winning a few more trophies.
We also need a right back at his peak who can be rested for some cup games to give maffeo some experience , to show a path through to the 1st team for some of these youngsters and demonstrate there is a possibility of making it at City from our academy
This 100%

Came out with some really ignorant shite about city before we played Barca 3 years ago. Fuck him, shouldn't forgive people slagging God's own - plus I'd like to think we'd got away from our end of career pay days - a la Weah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.