Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree some right lemons. Like those righting off Our player of the year David Silva only a few months ago. Lemons.!

i'm hoping that isn't a reference to me admitting that I wrongly thought Silva would start to be less effective, rather than fully taking into account how much his abuse under Pellegrini had affected his game ?

Guilty as charged on that.

Writing him off ?

Pretty low to pick out what i said & twist it to that tbh, & a bit fucking sad that you remember it, & care enough to want to twist it unless I'm mistaken ?

Anyhow, in the real world, there are no guarantees Danny Alves will be anything above shit, for City, & no guarantees Walker will either. One costs 50 mil, the other doesn't.

Last season, the best quality fullback of the two, was Alves.

What idiots we would be, to sign him for 10% of the price of Walker.

PS why is everyone so confident Walker will immediately hit it off in a Pep team ? Could Alves not help him ?

Nev Knev, Walker knows the PL, Alves doesn't maybe? Why would Alves hit it off in the PL straight away? Because he knows how to play in a Pep team? Barca under Pep playing in La Liga when Alves was in his prime is totally different than playing in the PL with City under Pep nowadays.
Than again Walker could easily flop in a Pep team as well.

There are many pros and cons to this one. MDM turned out fine for a period of time. Maicon totally flopped.

This guy has just shown in last seasons champions league the premier competition in Europe that he is the best right back in Europe and still has more legs than 90% of premier league 20 year olds.

Unless he goes on the biggest Ibiza bender this summer he isn't going to lose it overnight.

What are people doubting its bonkers??

In the 70s 80s, we bought division 1 cast offs, the top teams then reinvested in young top talent. And stayed at the top. McMahon was signed for 1million as an example. We stayed as a yoyo team. I know as I managed to accrue 80 grounds at one time.
I believe and it is my opinion that an Elvis signing is similar. He played brilliantly for barca , top tier side. They got rid for a number of reasons, some political. Juve a second tier side signed him and he has played very well for two years. Now we as a third tier side may want him. My belief is that we should be looking beyond this. A young top class right back with an even younger deputy. If we want to become a top tier side 10 years after the takeover we should not be signing 34 year olds just as other top tier sides do not sign them.

Haha. This shows you can have a billion loyalty points and have watched every game home and away for the last five decades and still be utterly clueless when it comes to modern football.

Juve a second tier side? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

bit confused about this one if i'm honest, a two years younger zabba who's legs have gone and this guy has gas left in his tank

got to be a back up only, surely?

bit confused about this one if i'm honest, a two years younger zabba who's legs have gone and this guy has gas left in his tank

Alves is still at the age he's at better than almost any right back that has ever played for this club.

"I don't know anything about him, but because he's 34 he's obviously just an older Pablo Zabaleta cross-bred with Martin Demichelis."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.