Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
pointless signing , we have just got rid of three players over the age of 32/33 why invest in another one who is actually older and unproven in a tough 38 game premie rleague competition , the days of fading supersrtars coming for a last pay cheque are long gone , we have had Fowler , finger pointer , McMahon, Weah , Cole , Seaman , Schmeichel and a few others so we do not need a 34 year old Alves who has seen it all and done it all landing here on £250k a week. Leave the has beens to the Rags they can sign the big nose swede and ladyboy to increase there shirt sales , we need to get on with winning a few more trophies.
We also need a right back at his peak who can be rested for some cup games to give maffeo some experience , to show a path through to the 1st team for some of these youngsters and demonstrate there is a possibility of making it at City from our academy
This post started off poor
Tailed off in the middle and the less said about the ending the better, apart from that spot on

Two points:

Buying a 34 year old RB suggests that Pep thinks Maffeo is a lock for the future.

I see this signing as similar to the Viera signing.

Count me as an enthusiastic Yes!

Guys a grade A mouthy prick , and 34

giphy.gif

Two points:

Buying a 34 year old RB suggests that Pep thinks Maffeo is a lock for the future.

I see this signing as similar to the Viera signing.

Count me as an enthusiastic Yes!

says nothing of the sort. It simply says "the best right back in the world is seemingly available, lets try to bring him here regardless of his age"

Sagna was 34 but just didn't fit the Pep mould in attacking ability. Age is but a number if you have the winning mentality. It's a yes for me but if he's the only right back we buy between now and Aug 31 then I'll not be happy

Little bit sceptical myself, but though players likeWeah and Fowler were huge disappointments, we also saw Ali Bernarbia. And if Alves was not in shape last season he wold not have played in the Champions League semi-final and final. If he can play in games of that stature a couple of months ago, he can do a job for us next season

He is world class name me 2 right backs last season ?

Really hope we get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.