Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
A European final without the top 32 teams in Europe , jog on.
If you don't have anything to actually add to the discussion you should probably take your own advice.

Anyway the many pros outweigh the trivial cons from the people with negative viewpoints on the possible transfer.

Really? What did he say?
only one team in Manchester, didn't realise there was another one, not right that a nothing team can come from nowhere in 3 years because they have a rich owner etc etc - haven't read the rest of the thread, so assume it's not a piss-take question??

Not in favour signing Alves who on the pitch can be a real diving crybaby. Yes he is still a quality RB and proved this by being in the Juve starting line-up in the CL final. But at 34 I just can't see this turning in another Maicon- drama. However when we do sign him I will support him and sincerely hope he makes me and many others eat my words.

This guy is a different class though to the 30+ years old we have just got rid of, anyone that doesn't see the benefit in signing Alves for 2 years needs to have a look at themselves.

At 34 and beyond, he can only be a second choice player in a team with serious ambitions. That's why Juventus don't mind selling him for such a low fee. They probably already have a replacement ready.

He's a good addition for rotation and for the winning mentality he will bring to the team, but Pep should start signing the priority fullbacks before they end up somewhere else.

We won't win any major silverware if we don't have some experience. Stones, Walker, Mendy, Bertrand all under the age of 27. We've only really got Kompany, Silva, Yaya and Aguero with the winning, champion like mentality. Three of them are injury prone. I fail to see how adding one 34 year old quality right back for 2 seasons is a bad thing. He is in better shape than most 20 year old right backs.

This would be a smart signing IMO. We saw from MDM the value of a seasoned experienced defender. (for a season and a half or so). I wouldnt have him as our first choice RB, but he is more than useful as a backup and 5 million is chump change in this day and age. Also takes a bit of pressure off our bigger signings as at least we have something. Bertrand would do the same.

Far too simplistic and short sighted to say ''we just got rid of 2 right backs north of 30, only to sign a 34 yr old right back''.

The guy is great condition, a fantastic footballer, knows Pep and his methods, and could slot straight in to how the boss wants us to play. 5m is nothing these days and even if we only get a year out of him, it should be a good year (think we can get 2 though). What a type of player and mentality to have on the pitch and around the dressing room and young players.

Worst case scenario that it doesn't work out then its not a big deal; it's a low risk transfer with high reward potential.

The fact he's 34 shouldn't cloud people's judgement over the merits of the transfer, of which I think there are many positives and few drawbacks.

Well, as I pointed out, I'm not using it as a stick to beat him with but he made a statement that I disagree with; no more, no less. You can dress it up how you want.
Fair enough mate, I wasn't necessarily talking to you since enough people on this thread deff has used it as a stick to beat him with, but I should have made that more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.