Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
A legend, best RB I've ever seen and most probably don't remember what a monster of a player he was at Sevilla - no defender struck fear into opponents at both ends of the pitch more than Dani

I didn't watch any Serie A last season but have the impression that it is a one club league with Juventus winning their league every season.

If you look at Juventus playing stats, it looks like Alves was used in the Champions League and a squad player in Serie A. Perhaps he could play every week, but unless he was injured, it doesn't look like Juve tried to do that. As the Premiership is more competitive this just adds to the impression that we'd need a 2nd right back.

I doubt City are very happy that news of this deal go out as it might make a deal for Walker awkward. If you were in a team that is playing in the Champions League, would you go to a side where you might not play in the Champions League?

I wonder too if this deal is as advanced as claimed as Juve may not want to sell him. There other right back Lichsteiner is old

I didn't watch any Serie A last season but have the impression that it is a one club league with Juventus winning their league every season.

If you look at Juventus playing stats, it looks like Alves was used in the Champions League and a squad player in Serie A. Perhaps he could play every week, but unless he was injured, it doesn't look like Juve tried to do that. As the Premiership is more competitive this just adds to the impression that we'd need a 2nd right back.

I doubt City are very happy that news of this deal go out as it might make a deal for Walker awkward. If you were in a team that is playing in the Champions League, would you go to a side where you might not play in the Champions League?

I wonder too if this deal is as advanced as claimed as Juve may not want to sell him. There other right back Lichsteiner is old
He actually fractured his leg in the middle of last season and missed 2 months.

If having some competition puts Walker off then he's the wrong player anyway.

He actually fractured his leg in the middle of last season and missed 2 months.

If having some competition puts Walker off then he's the wrong player anyway.
Ahh that explains it. Thanks.

Playing time for any player must be a legitimate issue especially if you are hoping to play in a World Cup. Hopefully the Walker deal is done as far as player is concerned and just requires club to come to an agreement about a fee

Walker won't care Alves is coming, he'll welcome the challenge - footballers don't get to this level without absurdly high levels of self belief and he'll be telling himself all the things that people in this thread have been saying.

As for Juventus, they often play Barzagli at RB or they have Cuadrado who can be the wingback instead of Alves in a 343. Also they have a guy on loan called Pol Lirola who did very well on loan last season in Serie A, he's only 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.