Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch any Serie A last season but have the impression that it is a one club league with Juventus winning their league every season.

If you look at Juventus playing stats, it looks like Alves was used in the Champions League and a squad player in Serie A. Perhaps he could play every week, but unless he was injured, it doesn't look like Juve tried to do that. As the Premiership is more competitive this just adds to the impression that we'd need a 2nd right back.

I doubt City are very happy that news of this deal go out as it might make a deal for Walker awkward. If you were in a team that is playing in the Champions League, would you go to a side where you might not play in the Champions League?

I wonder too if this deal is as advanced as claimed as Juve may not want to sell him. There other right back Lichsteiner is old
Think it's more obvious that we will need a 2nd right back. If Dani Alves is happy playing 20-25 games a season at Juve i'm sure he will be happy with that at City. Also as ever with Juve they always seem to replace their players with quality so i don't think that will be a problem.

Think it's more obvious that we will need a 2nd right back. If Dani Alves is happy playing 20-25 games a season at Juve i'm sure he will be happy with that at City. Also as ever with Juve they always seem to replace their players with quality so i don't think that will be a problem.
I am ure they can do it, but it will cost more than £5m. They might get a long term replacement and be happy with it, but depends who is available

Brilliant isn't it.
They last won the Champions league in 1995. OVER 20 years ago.
Barca, Madrid,bayern are the 3 top tier sides. They have been besieged by debt,corruption and have only recently began to return to a position of strength.

Because I have a different view from you I am clueless?

That post is like 2 schoolgirls giggling in a corner. Well done big fellah

Barca, Madrid,bayern are the 3 top tier sides. They have been besieged by debt,corruption and have only recently began to return to a position of strength.

We've never won the Champions League...what tier side does that make us?

If you can't recognise that Juventus are up there with Bayern, Madrid & Barca then.... well I can only assume you don't watch any European football. They demolished Barcelona this season, which tells us everything about the relative quality of the two teams at the moment, They put out Real Madrid 2 seasons ago to get to the final. And there's always last year when they beat us in both games.

Juventus are by every possible definition a better club than us in Europe, so the fact we're taking one of their stand out performers last season should be more than enough to make anyone happy, let alone the fact that player is Dani fucking Alves, and he wasn't just one of Juve's stand out players, but one of the stand out players of the whole Champions League tournament.

Last edited:

If you can't recognise that Juventus are up there with Bayern, Madrid & Barca then.... well I can only assume you don't watch any European football. They demolished Barcelona this season, which tells us everything about the relative quality of the two teams at the moment, They put out Real Madrid 2 seasons ago to get to the final. And there's always last year when they beat us in both games.

Juventus are by every possible definition a better club than us in Europe, so the fact we're taking one of their stand out performers last season should be more than enough to make anyone happy, let alone the fact that player is Dani fucking Alves, and he wasn't just one of Juve's stand out players, but one of the stand out players of the whole Champions League tournament.
Well said Sir

Juve have been finalists twice in the past three years.

They have been more successful in that time than Munich and they hammered Barca this year.

The fact you obviously don't know that shows up your total and complete lack of knowledge.

To suggest a team that have come second twice in three years is idiotic to be honest.

Juventus are successful by being an outstanding defensive side. They don't impose their game on you like Real madrid etc. Different way of playing, but still very hard to get the better of.

Juventus are successful by being an outstanding defensive side. They don't impose their game on you like Real madrid etc. Different way of playing, but still very hard to get the better of.
How does that discount what they did? Point remains that they win the games.

And that's exactly why they're offloading Dani Alves right when they should, for 5 million too. If you go watch Juve's league games on fullmatchesandshows you'll see Dani Alves isn't all what you see against Monaco. The intelligence, the technique, the class is there but his physicality and pace are far from his old self in Barcelona 3 or 4 years ago.

I'm not against Dani Alves, I welcome someone like him in the team, he'll be a very valuable addition if he's brought in for rotation and for his experience but Pep should finish the signing of priority fullbacks for both flanks this week before they go to other teams. Since yesterday I'm reading that Chelsea are all over Sandro and are ready to pay big money. We should be working on Sandro and players like Sandro instead.

Since you brought up Bayern, go ask Bayern fans how they feel about Xabi Alonso that Pep took to Bayern. Ask if they care about Alonso's experience or if they all hated him because of how slow he was because of his age but how Pep kept playing him anyway. They all hate Pep with a passion for neglecting their defence and paying for it. Sam Lee and all other accounts said the owners gave Pep the greenlight to buy whoever he needs. I hope to see some serious business done this week with our first choice defensive targets.

How does that discount what they did? Point remains that they win the games.
Yes. A step up from the MBP but all the same I prefer the attacking philosophy of bayern, Real madrid or Barcelona.

It's the same at a World Cup. There are certain nations that have a certain way of playing and you know in advance how they are going to play because it's deep in their psyche. Doesn't matter what generation or what year you are in certain teams have a certain way of playing: Holland, Ajax, barcelona, Spain, Italy, Juve.

I admire Juve and Italy's defensive ability. They have the top defenders, but I like watching Dutch football, or Spanish football and I hope City emulate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.